Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Whinlatter is the worst trail I have ridden in the UK. It doesn't flow well. The jumps are in weird places that make you jump off the trail. The berms are too small. The North loop just sucks. The South loop is ok but not big enough or long enough. Head to Ladybower for some good natural riding or North Wales for Coed y Brenin trailcenter instead. Much much better riding.

Associate
North Face is shockingly bad mate!
If you want to see Grizzly Dale a bit better send me a msg and I'll show you around (I Live 5 mins away).

back to the topic, janesssssy where is that last picture taken?

Going from having some really nice bikes to nothing I've finally built my collection back up, I'll grab some piccys tomorrow but I've got :D

Dialled Alpine with 120mm z1's in singlespeed mode
FRO Socom with 010 Boxxer rides
Giant SCR Road bike
and soon to have a aluminium p2 for the pumptrack I've just built :D

Goodtimes, wait whats that... 40 days of rain forecast? sweet!

Soldato
I need a new Hope seatpost clamp, but being the tart that I am, can't decide on a colour.

Blue to match the hubs and fork dials, red to match the i950 that i'm buying at the same time, gunsmoke because i think it's quite cool, or just plain black..

i950.jpg

Opinions?

Last edited:
Soldato
back to the topic, janesssssy where is that last picture taken?

That is the DH track from Morzine to Les Gets. Only a blue.

Rest of the photos were from the Pleny which I was told was a Black but Im sure its more red. Plus reds / blacks are not the same grades as here.
For example, Cwmcarn xc is graded red, those red DH tracks are near vertical with gap jumps :eek:

- Thinking of buying another Enduro, would this be Structurally safe? It has a bit of a dent.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2007-Enduro-S...sure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item255bcee4bb

Looks stolen?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPECIALIZED-E...sure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item35aaef130c

Last edited:
Soldato
Considering doing the Mega Avalanche next year, what are the best DH spots in the Alps I could combine into the same trip?

Loads of places in the PDS, but here's some length to your piece of string:

Morzine/Les Gets

Tennis court run,
Canyon run (Gulley Run)
step up / step down
Up your Bum (VERY STEEP)
Mt Chery
Pleney (I've taken 5 + different ways down, but I bet there's more)
Chavannes DH

Avoriaz

Puncture Alley
French cup course(s) / red/blue/black
Run Of The Mill
Super Morzine DH

Chatel

Chatel bike park DH routes,
Haute tension,
Gueps,
Bike Patrol,
Cha Nada,
SX,

Somewhere in switzerland
Morgins

Soldato
Rest of the photos were from the Pleny which I was told was a Black but Im sure its more red. Plus reds / blacks are not the same grades as here.
For example, Cwmcarn xc is graded red, those red DH tracks are near vertical with gap jumps :eek:

The grading "system" out there is a bit of a joke.

Like you said, some reds out there made my balls jump back into my body, even so... I thought the Stiffee might rattle your joints loose out there! :D

Associate
Can anyone recommend me some MTB trousers ..need to baggy not too tight.

I recently bought some Endura humvees ,with me being a slim 30 waist (small), they where that tight on the legs and they just looked wrong.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
Heres a few pictures of my bike with a few new items....

I got a new chainset because going uphill with the old 36T ring was a killer uphill, it's now 32T and 22T.

nugget2.jpg

I also got myself some new brakes, Hope Tech M4. I lost faith in Avid Juicy 3's so ditched them, the Hope brakes so far are awesome but have yet to try them do fast decents!

nugget5.jpg

nugget3.jpg

nugget4.jpg

Although the Nugget is designed as Slopestyle bike I wanted to change it so I could do some cross country without getting a new bike.

nugget.jpg

Soldato
Thanks

How easily navigable are all the trails, guidebooks or guide required I'm guessing from your description of multiple routes? We're just used to bike parks in the US where you need neither :)

See, there are 2 schools of thought.

1. Whistler et al is the best, because all the craploads of run are off 2 lifts, that kinda go in a traight line up a mountain. Big slabs of rock, super booters (said in North American accent) etc etc to "shred the gnar" on and High Five your buddy afterwards.
Loads of constantly maintained tracks and so forth.

2. The Alps is the best because of the epicness of the Journey. Going from mountain top to mountain top, riding some sick as single track on the way to the differet runs, possibly discovering some semi secret stuff as you go along. Lots of tracks are rough, but that's the way we like it.

If you dont go with a friend who's been to the Alps before, youd be just fine finding most of the stuff by yourself I'm sure, just ask for directions. Depends on how much a good guide costs and what he'll show you, if it's worth it or not.

Soldato
Anyone else got the superstar locking grips? How on earth do you install the bar end plugs?! I cannot get mine to stay in at all, they just fall out straight away!

The plastic ones? I had to trim one of mine down to get it in the bar, it wasn't having it at all until I chopped the biggest flangey bit down a little. I used WD and brute force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom