wireless or wired keyboard or mouse?

Soldato
Myself I cannot hack Wireless jobs.

You can get some good hardware of course, but I find that its never quite as good as wired

For example, I like Logitech mice.

My No1 PC uses a G5 and my No2 uses an MX700

While they do have minimal differences, they are pretty much the Wired and Wireless equivalents of each other and the wireless one tracks badly, gets stuck all the time and is generally a bit crappy.

Similarly with my daughters PC... I gave her a HP Wireless keyboard & mouse affair, because of the awful shape of her room and how we have the furniture, I have the base unit a distance away from the screen, and I have extended the VGA cable and used wireless input devices but again, the mouse was crappy. Keyboard is fine.

Also there is the obvious that the betteries get murdered with wireless devices... especially the mice.

The Logiteck is rechargeable and this is a massive bonus but many others are not.

Anyway, I have had maybe 7 or 8 different sets, and a further 3 or 4 keyboards and again 3 or 4 mice seperately, and in every single case, I have not been able to put up with them for long.

--

One other thing...

Many people say the wire gets snagged of gets tangled up with wired mice.

Well, good mice have the wire coted in a kind of ... erm , coating? - Anyway, this is non-stick stuff that does not stick to any surfaces. and besides, I have always had to laugh at weedy people who are so puffy and weak that a mouse chord "gives dem an ikle popo dat mummy needs to suss better"

Go wired

Soldato
The MX518 both and feels the same as the G5/G7... I cannot possibly put a single negative on the G5 at all. I assume that if the MX518 is the same as the G5 then you wont find many mine that are any better. The G9 was lovely and brilliant, but once I got the G5 - I never looked back.

However I also have an MX700 and if the 518 is comparable to that, then I am afraid its the other way round for me. That is the worst pile of crap I have ever bought and its on par with the Saitek GM3200 - Both assigned to the junk box in under a week.

As for the G11 - I dont have one but I do have a mate who does and many of his keys dont work. I would like to say that it must be him and heavu game play, but the thing is that I have 3 kids who all have their own PCs and they hammer the hell out of their keyboards and the keys still work regardless of how they treat the keyboards so on that note, I personally wont be getting one.

Each to their own.

My current keyboard is a Razer/Microsoft Reclusa and I dont have many good things to say about this either so, perhaps im just a whinger

Back
Top Bottom