Freezer 7 pro which direction ?

Associate
Hi

I'm just building a system into a Antec 300. I have a Gigabyte 890GP A UD3H and I'm about to stick the CPU cooler on it (Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2) Now here is where I'm stock between logic and installation guide. As far as I know the Antec 300 top fan is sucking air like chimney (makes sense) but if I install the CPU cooler as shown in the graphic it blows in the opposite direction of the top fan (I assume the cpu fan blows and not sucks) Would it not be better to turn it around? Might be a stupid question but temps are everything these days. Maybe somebody has a picture by any chance of a Antec 300 build.

Stephan

Associate
The fan should either be blowing up or to the back. Out the back is probably the best because you won't be getting the hot air from your graphics card.

Edit: Oh, and on the freezer 7 the fan is pushing air through the sink, So this means that the fan is either on the right or the bottom.

Caporegime
This is the normal method of mounting it.

DSC00213Large.jpg

But as your case has a top exhaust you can mount it so that the fan is blowing through the cooler, (90 degrees clockwise) and exhausting into the top case fan, just make sure that the freezers fan doesnt interfere with any heasinks on your board or your graphics card.

Soldato
You want the air from the fan to blow through the heatsink towards an outgoing fan. Most installations have the heatsink pointing towards the rear fan.

dscf0565wv2.jpg

You probably could mount it vertically but no one seems to do it that way.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys; I've just encountered another problem. On this Mobo you can face cooler up or down but in both ways the heat sink interferes with my RAM modules. And it seems not possible to mount the cooler sideways.

Associate
Thanks guys; I've just encountered another problem. On this Mobo you can face cooler up or down but in both ways the heat sink interferes with my RAM modules. And it seems not possible to mount the cooler sideways.

I think I have the same problem in my cooler master elite 300 case, My Gigabyte motherboard can only have the cooler facing the top of the case or the bottom but not side ways...as I am currently blowing air through the heat sink into the top of the case which ha no fan to suck it out...Looks like I am gonna have to change my case eventually.

Associate
I just built my Zalman Z7 with an AC Pro 7. I had the same problem of RAM modules as I'm using massive OCZ Reaper modules. I just moved them both over a slot, so they can still run in dual channel but not in the way of the cooler :)

Back
Top Bottom