****Official Fallout New Vegas Thread****

Associate
The one thing that worried me was that it looks so similar to fallout 3, the screenshots are even showing the same weapons. I've just pumped so many hours into fallout 3 that the repetition would take some of the fun away.. hopefully I'm wrong!

Soldato
Looks like copy and paste with a different background to me :(
I had hoped it would be much improved - even though fallout 3 is awesome, this should be a bit better than awesome!
Not going to be a release buy for me, this one.

Associate
I'm probably going to wait for the inevitable Game of the Year edition for this, having been burned a bit with the DLC for Oblivion. Hell, I actually own it 3 times, once on 360, because I didn't have a good enough PC, then I bought the GotY on PC for the mods, but was annoyed it didn't come with Frostcrag Spire etc., then finally bought the GotY Deluxe from Steam for about 6 quid because it was cheaper than getting the DLC alone.

Lame, I know :(

Soldato
I'm looking forward to this, having put +40 hours in a week on Fallout 3 and I've only done around 12 quests (about 3 are main ones). :o

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords
Neverwinter Nights 2
Alpha Protocol

...this game has disappointment written all over it :(

There was nothing wrong with KOTOR2, admittedly not as good as KOTOR but not a lot of games are. ;)

I can't see Bethesda letting a bad game ship, even as 'just' a publisher. Also as the majority of the people at Obsidian worked on the first two Fallout games, it's known territory for them and I expect the storytelling will be the big plus of this game.

It wont be a first day purchase though, nothing to do with the game, but expecting it to drop after a month or so like most games do these days.

Soldato
OP
Nothing much to update on this unfortunately as there seems to be very little information about at the minute...

Just a couple of snippets from this months Official Playstation Magazine and a semi hands on video below.

Traits replace the Perks of the last game, where you now increase your stats for one ability, but it will come at the cost of lowering another. E.g the Built to Destroy perk increases your chances of scoring a critical hit, but your weapons break faster.

Crafting is another new feature which allows you to make your own bullets, healing powders and other useful bits and pieces, in a similar way to being able to create your own weapons in Fallout 3. You still need to find blueprints/instructions and a workbench or a campfire to make them at.

The books from the old game have been replaced by magazines (how interesting!) but now instead of perminantly raising your stats by 1 point, the effect is temporary and will wear off.

Healing from food items is now no longer instant and happens over a short space of time, but Stimpaks remain an instant health boost unless you are playing in hardcore mode.

A few new Screenshots as well, looks a bit more polished especially the faces, but still much of the same.

screen22b.jpg

screen21b.jpg

screen20b.jpg

screen19bw.jpg

screen18b.jpg

screen17b.jpg

Found some developer diary videos also:

Last edited:
Associate
I can't wait for this game!!!!, fallout 3 was and still is in my top 5 all time games and i just hope this can live up-to and maybe improve on F3, i will be getting the 360 version as soon as it comes out with the pc version when the GOTY edition comes out for some modding goodness :D

my one concern is i hope it's not too cowboyish

16 days to go :D :cool:

Associate
I'm also really looking forward to this. My only concern is that it will lose it's shine too quickly because it is too similar to the Fallout 3. Hope I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom