froyo for desire starts this weekend

Associate
anyone else having problems with video playback, a lot of the time my phone stops randomly while paying a file and says sorry can't play this video, strange considering it's been playing the file for anything from 30 seconds to 10 minutes.

let's hope there is a fix soon if this is a generic problem.

Associate
getting the same problem plus more^^

i can start recording using 720p but i am unable to stop it and if i try to go back or to the home screen nothing happens. it seems massively slow when attempting video playback too. something isn't right regarding video playback/recording etc.

it seems to randomly start lagging in places too. sometimes it is very quick and responsive but other times it can be painfully slow.

EDIT: it only slows down after attempting to use the video camera/video features.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have a bit of time this afternoon, What seems to be the best ROM then now things are settling out?

Had a look and there still seems to be a lot having issues, calender and youtube causing force closes etc

Im on Defrost 2.5a working nicely, would prefer to leave ext partition in etc so which is best way to go?

Bah just found another with GPS issues, Still may be too early to make the jump for me, Think i will hold for Deforst first full Froyo release

Last edited:

Bry

Bry

Associate
Is there a debranded unrooted 2.2 rom about?
All i want to do is to be on an original htc 2.2 without any of the orange garbage. but, I don't need root or any of these extra programs?

Bry

Bry

Associate
Bry, you may as well root your phone, it's quite painless using the unrevoked app. Once that's done you have an excellent backup utility and the ability to swap ROMs as and when.

Ok if I did decide to do that would I need a goldcard?

I am on a htc desire black on orange atm

Soldato
Ouch, 720p recording for me is unbearable. Ultra low shutter speed unless I'm outside in direct sunlight. Little disappointing there really..

It's not that bad is it? 13fps indoors is what you'd expect from a slow sensor and 23fps outside is good enough for me. The metering modes seem much improved too.
________
Vaporizer volcano

Last edited:
Associate
Im finding if I navigate to the web page element of the BBCiplayer whilst something is playing, i cant exit the browser as the flash video is still playing. little things like that.

Loving the multi-language support for the keyboard though.

Associate
Hi all, I am hoping to have my Desire next week, and reading around I see there are issues with the GPS under froyo 2.2. Can anyone confirm this if so and one of the reasons for the phone is GPS, then I will hold off on updating to 2.2 and stay on 2.1 until they sort it.

Any information would be greatful. Thanks.

Associate
Just flashed mine with 2.2, on a branded O2 handset.
Went relatively painlessly, had to wipe all my settings in the end though as I kept getting an error as soon as it started and picked my e-mail up :(
Haven't had much chance to play but it looks to be functioning fine, and seems a bit quicker.

do you have to flash radio on the 2.2 roms?

Yes.

Soldato
Hi all, I am hoping to have my Desire next week, and reading around I see there are issues with the GPS under froyo 2.2. Can anyone confirm this if so and one of the reasons for the phone is GPS, then I will hold off on updating to 2.2 and stay on 2.1 until they sort it.

Any information would be greatful. Thanks.

No problems here, I had the navigation app running for a near 2 hour journey this morning (it only used 35% battery too)
________
FERRARI 308 GTB

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom