Iphone 5/6, What could it be?

Associate
I was asking about new features not existing ones.

i was highlighting that new features are actually pretty rare with phones atm (like actually NEW not improvements in current standards)

theres very little hardware makers can add without getting tacky (front facing cam is a dubious edition imo both ip4 and evo mind u)

tbh i see iOS picking up some of the best bits of android (notifications and widgets, possibly some customization)

and Apple will be torn to shreds by the nerd minority because of that, but the mainstream will love it!

Soldato
Touch screen back would be nice for games and also more accurate for pointing to stuff, having a small dot on the front screen showing where your finger is on the back, good for drawing, point and click games etc.

Soldato
I think the screen size hasn't a chance, all existing apps would be screwed on it, plus, you create less of a gap between the phone and the iPad.

Associate
Aside from the usual upgrades I'd like to see.
Hardware:
4 inch screen.
More physical buttons (a menu and back key for starters)
Led notifications.

Software:
Improved notifications (this had been in the list for years :) )
Widgets

In my opinion...

A 4 inch screen would be awful, all the existing apps would be screwed.

More buttons, not going to happen. Apple want to keep it as clean as possible.

LED notifications are not happening either, too blackberry!

Definitely wanting some decent widgets though:cool:

Associate
iPhone 5 (or whatever it will be called) will probably have just standard increments of it's already existing hardware, but i think they will focus a lot on the graphics chip next time around, that's something that didn't change from the 3GS to the iPhone 4 and is the same in the iPad.

Associate
iPhone 5 (or whatever it will be called) will probably have just standard increments of it's already existing hardware, but i think they will focus a lot on the graphics chip next time around, that's something that didn't change from the 3GS to the iPhone 4 and is the same in the iPad.

My guess it that it will be called the iPhone 4G and have a 4G signal

Better graphics would be a great addition to the retina display. This is what I also think is coming to the next iPod touch

Soldato
Thing is are we even close to having 4G in this country, the USA hardly has it up and running by the time it is we will have another iphone out.

Soldato
In my opinion...
A 4 inch screen would be awful, all the existing apps would be screwed.

Haven't they switched to a higher res already? iPad? (+ it seems each gen will get 3 years support anyway)

More buttons, not going to happen. Apple want to keep it as clean as possible.

Soft (hidden) keys?

LED notifications are not happening either, too blackberry!

or any other phone? It'd be a real shame if they don't include decent features just for the sake of it :)
________
Extreme vaporizer

Last edited:
Caporegime
Having used the 4.3" HTC HD2 screen quite a bit and noticing how difficult it is to transverse the screen one-handed without changing grip I just cant see the iPhone ever significantly changing the screen size - though I welcome a smaller form factor where possible as the top/bottom 'border' is quite large

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Those Borders are pretty much necessary to hold the phone in landscape, pretty much like they did with the iPad, having it just the screen size just isn't workable to hold and type on a screen as sensitibe as on the iPhone.

Soldato
The only thing that I would like to see is a LED notification when the phone is just lying down on the table... Something nice and sleek like the sleep light on a MBP...

:)

I love the iPhone 4 and cant see what the iPhone 5 would have to have to make me rush out and get it

Caporegime
Actually Id love the speaker to be in a different place when playing games in landscape mode. One thing Ive noticed with SF4 is that I cover the speaker with my left hand when playing - even when I flip the screen the headphone jack then gets in the way if Ive got headphones on...

Soldato
Having used the 4.3" HTC HD2 screen quite a bit and noticing how difficult it is to transverse the screen one-handed without changing grip I just cant see the iPhone ever significantly changing the screen size - though I welcome a smaller form factor where possible as the top/bottom 'border' is quite large

Yeah, those wide boys are getting a bit big for normal hands :) I think 4" is the sweetspot (for me anyway)
Those black bars arent too bad but when you factor in the additional on screen bars its already giving away 1.5cm to the desire (when web browsing) Going back to the iPhone it does start to feel a bit letterboxy.

I think a multiple screen size range (like the MBP) will be inevitable.
________
Philco

Last edited:
Soldato
Eye control using the front facing camera. just look around the screen, the camera follows your eye movement and allows auto scroll when reading or to focus in on areas on the screen without needing to pinch etc.

That's what I would like to see :D

Back
Top Bottom