New to PSP - game ideas please

Associate
I've just got myself a PSP 3000 off the member's market and wanted to get a few games ready for its arrival. I'm moving to Asia shortly and envisage that I'll be be using it mostly while I'm travelling e.g. jeep, bus, boat etc. I have no idea what games are decent for the PSP and having done a few searches it seems that people recommend the GTA titles, Tekken, MGS and the Final Fantasy games. Are Little Big Planet & God of War any good?

I'll probably end up getting those but also want an engrossing RPG (enjoyed Dragon Quest on the DS) and also a fun arcade-style racing game (Burnout?).

Any opinions?

TIA

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah heard it's good. I want something engrossing that will keep me involved

Honestly, this will do all that. I really can't believe how much it's sucked me in, been playing it for weeks now. There's so much to it, more than just doing the missions. Well worth getting.

LBP was good too, killed a few hours.

Soldato
What about footy games or arcade racing?

Football games aren't really my thing, so I can't say, and driving games don't really work for me on the PSP, don't enjoy them much. I've tried a few, to no avail.

GTA Chinatown Wars is another excellent time killer too.

Associate
OP
Football games aren't really my thing, so I can't say, and driving games don't really work for me on the PSP, don't enjoy them much. I've tried a few, to no avail.

GTA Chinatown Wars is another excellent time killer too.

I've read so many conflicting things about the GTA games. Gamespot gave Chinatown wars an awesome score and Liverty City/Vice City lower scores but then I've read lots of people don't like Chinatown - wtf :confused:

Soldato
I've read so many conflicting things about the GTA games. Gamespot gave Chinatown wars an awesome score and Liverty City/Vice City lower scores but then I've read lots of people don't like Chinatown - wtf :confused:

I didn't really get hooked by the other GTA games on the PSP, but loved Chinatown. It's pretty cheap now, so well worth a punt.

Associate
Football Manager 2011 will be out in a couple of months.

Yes, I'm serious, if you're playing it when you're bored then this will suck all of that time away like nothing. Great for when you're between other games, too. I wish I had a PSP for the bus. I'd only need that one game. x_x

Soldato

Yes, I'm serious, if you're playing it when you're bored then this will suck all of that time away like nothing. Great for when you're between other games, too. I wish I had a PSP for the bus. I'd only need that one game. x_x

Are the FM games any good even if you're not bothered by football, or do you need quite an interest? I've always been tempted, as I know how much time they kill, but never actually given it a go.

Associate
OP

Love football management games but haven't played any for years!

Syphon Filter
Field Commander
Crisis Core
Lumines
Ridge Racer

I was looking at Ridge Racer - is it any good? I'm not a Gran Turismo fan as I like pure arcade racing games, so assume RR is just that. What's Field Commander like?

Associate
Haven't played for years? Sounds like even more reason to get it to me. :) It's cheaper than most games, too, which is great. Although that might not be the case for PSP, not sure...

EDIT: I can't speak from experience regarding this game, but most of my mates who have a PSP have noted a Disgaea game as one of the better options.

Last edited:
Associate
Field commander is a turn based strategy game, similar to advance wars on ds. A very good game and should be able to get cheap.

Puzzle quest is another option - works very well on psp - and available as a download through psn.

Back
Top Bottom