PC Games with excellent stories

Associate
Regarding Dreamfall/TLJ, this would top my list too if it wasn't for the darned ending of Dreamfall leaving us on a cliffhanger. Dreamfall: Chapters still isn't in development either, I check the Wiki page for updates about once every few months with no luck. :(

For complete games, FFVII is brilliant if you're willing to go backwards in terms of graphics. Likewise most point and click games are good from what I understand, although admittedly I've never played the likes of Monkey Island games through to end.

Civilization IV has a great story ;) Alpha Centauri too! Haha. But seriously, what else... Oblivion is okay, but for me Morrowind was better in every way bar graphics. Same with Gothic, I enjoyed that but the graphics could have been better. I think a lot of games turn out that way.

If you're willing to look outside of PC games, though, I'd point immediately to Uncharted & Uncharted 2. Brilliant games.

Soldato
what was the story line to cod4?

i've forgotten it... was a good sp but i acn't remember the story for the life of me.

altough people like co4 its mw2 they hate :p

It's all over the place just go shoot some taliban then shoot some russians to prevent nuclear disaster.

Soldato
As much as everyone hates it COD4 has a cracking storyline.

I loved COD4 but i wouldn't say it had a good storyline, it had loads of amazing set pieces but a very basic storyline to string them along. It's kinda like that south park episode when they're interviewing Michael Bay:

'Ok Mr Bay we need a plotline for how to stop the terrorists'

'Ok so this big jeep comes up and it's like 'KABLOW!' And then a jumbo jet explodes 'KRAAAAOOWKRAA'.

'No Mr Bay, those are set pieces, not a plotline'.

Associate
Dragon Age was nothing special. It was a (massively) dumbed down Baldur's Gate for today's ADD generation.

I started playing Dragon Age for the first time and couldn't believe the restrictions on the game. I am on the Gray Warden mission where you enter some woods and your linear movement is limited by invisible walls. I don't remember BG or Neverwinter being this restricted. The story has started off good, but it is another tale of "OOOoo there is a baddy with horns raising the dead and plans to take over the world. But it it too early a period before 007 so we must do with a pointy eared elf and a grumpy dwarf."
:D

Soldato
At least they resisted giving the dwarves Scottish accents.

I swear, after a childhood spent on cliche'd D&D dwarves, the first time I visited the country I expected everyone to be four foot tall.

Last edited:
Soldato
imo...

Grim Fandango
Beyond Good & Evil
Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy
Max Payne 1 + 2
Brothers in Arms 1,2,3
Half-Life 1,2,2.1,2.2
Dragon Age: Origins + Awakening
And I'm really enjoying the StarCraft II story atm.

Associate
At least they resisted giving the dwarves Scottish accents.

I swear, after a childhood spent on chiche'd D&D dwarves, the first time I visited the country I expected everyone to be four foot tall.

lol - I visited Scotland last year and had the same vision of having my 'heed' sliced off by a claymore-carrying scottish dwarf whose face is covered by a red beard.

Associate
Back to the main subject...

Plants V Zombies - There are disco-dancin' zombies wanting to eat your brains and you have a big garden to grow pea-shooters and catapult marrows with help from ol' Crazy Dave! You just cannot get a better story than that! Oh and exploding Ice trucks, so Mr Michael Bay can have that in his movies too!

Back
Top Bottom