New to PSP - game ideas please

Associate
OP
I spent a bit of time on flea bay last night and picked up the following for around £40:

Tekken: Dark resurrection
GTA Vice City
GTA Liberty City
Lumines
Field Commander
GOW: Chains of Olympus
Monster Hunter Freedom: Unite
Wipeout Pure
Burnout Legends
Ridge Racer
Worms Open Warfare

Should keep me going :D

Soldato
I spent a bit of time on flea bay last night and picked up the following for around £40:

Tekken: Dark resurrection
GTA Vice City
GTA Liberty City
Lumines
Field Commander
GOW: Chains of Olympus
Monster Hunter Freedom: Unite
Wipeout Pure
Burnout Legends
Ridge Racer
Worms Open Warfare

Should keep me going :D

Nice one, maybe worth getting a spare battery before you go. Looks like you maybe travelling a fair bit, wouldn't want to run out of power mid journey:)

Caporegime
+1 for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. It has excellent reviews and it's actually part of the main story and a "proper" MGS game unlike the other PSP iterations. Also if you're into that sort of thing you can get the original MGS from the Playstation store, one of the best games of all time and still very playable, get it if you like a game with a great story. :)

Associate
+1 for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. It has excellent reviews and it's actually part of the main story and a "proper" MGS game unlike the other PSP iterations. Also if you're into that sort of thing you can get the original MGS from the Playstation store, one of the best games of all time and still very playable, get it if you like a game with a great story. :)

Sucks that it is £31.99 on the PSN :(

Associate
Is quite a difference to the highstreet isn't it, saw it for £16.99 the other day (paid £24.99 for mine).

Saying that though it's probably worth the extortionate price on PSN, it really is that good.

I liked the demo a bit, felt a bit strange though. Might justify it had the price been £15-17 but at £32, no way.

Associate
Love football management games but haven't played any for years!

I was looking at Ridge Racer - is it any good? I'm not a Gran Turismo fan as I like pure arcade racing games, so assume RR is just that. What's Field Commander like?

Ridge racer would be great for you then, i personally never liked the GT series and loved the Ridge Racer Series and the one on the PSP is good fun and its goign for quite cheap these days!

Field commander is Turn Based Strategy, I swear once i started that i didn't put it down till i finished it, then again its only good if you're into that genre of games.

Associate
OP
Ridge racer would be great for you then, i personally never liked the GT series and loved the Ridge Racer Series and the one on the PSP is good fun and its goign for quite cheap these days!

Field commander is Turn Based Strategy, I swear once i started that i didn't put it down till i finished it, then again its only good if you're into that genre of games.

I liked turn-based strategy games and managed to get Ridge Racer for £3 delivered lol

Associate
Yeah. I'd get it but I only have a PSP Go. £32 is way too much, £14.99 and I would. :(
Same here. Having to buy all your games from the PSN is a big bummer but I like my Go a lot more than my old 2000. Just figured out last night how to pair my PS3 pad with the Go and it is so much easier playing games now :D

It's one of those games where the demo doesn't do the game justice.

Unless I like taking the risk and buying a game where the demo doesn't do it justice, then I have no other way. Of all the PSP games I've bought, I wouldn't drop £32 on any 1 of them. Gran Turismo was £17 when I got it, but I wouldn't have said it was really worth it. Playing it again along with all my old PSN games so I'll be ok for a while.

Tempted by God of War though, the PS3 games were fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom