Wanting to buy a console for F1 2010

Soldato
Hey guys

I'm wondering firstly

What console would you recommend I purchase? PS3 / XBOX?

Secondly, how do you get used to the ps3 controllers for FPS games? The 360 seems a far far superior controller?

Cheers

Gustov

Associate
I have both a 360 and a PS3. The ONLY thing I use my PS3 for is watching blu rays. Tons of people will disagree with me but my personal preference ALWAYS is the 360 for playing games. I do however like the good old PS controller :o

Soldato
Secondly, how do you get used to the ps3 controllers for FPS games? The 360 seems a far far superior controller?

Oh dear, prepare for 2 or 3 pages of waffle now about how **** the PS pad is...

You clearly prefer the 360 pad, so just get a 360. Simples:)

Soldato
Get which ever console your mates play on most if you are going to be playing onilne.

If they have both then sounds like you prefer xbox controller so I would go with that.

Depends if you want a media player(iplayer) and blueray player or not.

Both have up and down points. I prefer PS3 but thats just me.

Soldato
If you want to play with a wheel and dont want spend 250+ on a decent one then the PS3 wheel support is far better than the MS 360 one. Maybe something of use (please dont mention GT5 or FM3 ;) ), if its not something youre looking at getting than its your choice depending on other games, cost etc
As for FPS ive got a feeling that the move will start being supported in many big FPS games in the future, looking at how well ive heard it works it may well be a better option than any stick controller.

Soldato

It will take some adjusting, you will need to let your mangled hand heal before you can use th PS3 controller. Booooom.

Last edited:
Associate
Get which ever console your mates play on most if you are going to be playing onilne.

If they have both then sounds like you prefer xbox controller so I would go with that.

Depends if you want a media player(iplayer) and blueray player or not.

Both have up and down points. I prefer PS3 but thats just me.

+1

Soldato
Or a 360 with the Official 360 wheel, great wheel, good price!

not being fanboyish, but if he prefers the 360 pad, and wants fps games as well with a fps friendly controller, thats the way to go!

Soldato
for just the F1 game i'd go for the PS3. plus you can get GT5 if you like your racing games that much. otherwise like others have said if your playing fps and with mate who also have xbox 360's i'd go for the 360 then.

Associate
Personally I prefer the PS3. The graphics are marginally better, supposedly - but that's not an issue for me. The main reasons I use the PS3 over the 360 are the variety of games (Xbox 360 has been, for me, a long line of FPS games and not much else) and the incredibly user-friendly styling it has. I can't stand the Xbox 360 dashboard, it's really ugly. If a game is on both consoles, I'll buy it for the PS3. Oh, another thing I buy games for the PS3 is online gaming. Because it's free, unlike on the 360.

I have both consoles though as there will always be fantastic games no matter which way you go (I consider both Uncharted and Mass Effect series as unmissable). But if you really, really like FPS games then the Xbox 360 is possibly the better opti on overall.

Soldato
OP
Gah really tough decision, I remember I used to play the F1 games on my ps2 and enjoyed them thoroughly without a steering wheel so I don't think I'd need one.

Most of my mates play the 360 but I doubt I'd get xbox live. I used to play games hardcore and soon realised it took up way too much of my time.

I can get a XBOX 360S for £170 from tesco which might be worth me looking in to!

I already have a blu-ray player too! Seem the 360 is the wiser option.

Associate
Personally I actually think the ps3 pad is superior for fps, simply because its not as stiff as the 360 and has less deadzone. However I have moved to 360 for mw2 (only fps I play on consoles) because I can get into games quicker online and find them much more stable on live then psn.

Soldato
If you have a gaming PC then it's better to have a PS3 because of the extra games you would be able to play. The only Xbox 360 games I would be interested in getting are Alan Wake and maybe Forza 3. Everything else is on the PC. On the PS3 there are loads of really good games that I can't play on the PC

C64

C64

Soldato
If you have a gaming PC then it's better to have a PS3 because of the extra games you would be able to play. The only Xbox 360 games I would be interested in getting are Alan Wake and maybe Forza 3. Everything else is on the PC. On the PS3 there are loads of really good games that I can't play on the PC
+1
Oh and any usb pc pad works on the ps3 btw big choice to choose from.
The ps3's best games are leaps and bounds better than anything on any format including pc.

Demons souls
uncharted 2
heavy rain
god of war 3
V chronicles
infamous

to name but a few and 2011 will be even better including a new twisted metal game not to mention GRAN TURSIMO 5 in november this year.

to me it's a no brainer i think the people that say i only use my ps3 as a blu ray player is just a case of all their friends have xbox's so they do their multiplayer on xbox or just like listening to sqeaky little voiced american nerdy kids acting hard on the net.

The ideal world is own all systems though I have to add that i think i am alone in hating the 360 pad i think the D pad is horrendous on it.

Last edited:
Permabanned
The ps3's best games are leaps and bounds better than anything on any format including pc.

Demons souls
uncharted 2
heavy rain
god of war 3
V chronicles
infamous

Yet StarCraft II is better than all of those. ;)

Joking aside that's a pretty silly statement to say, I own a PS3 and the only games from that list that interested me are Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain, not really worth keeping my PS3 for since it has collected dust since playing them games. :o :(

Back
Top Bottom