Simple html problem (REALLY simple haha)

Associate
Okay, was brushing up on HTML and was wondering if someone could explain this:

f2j3wl.jpg

Why is hmm underlined?

Associate
or use Dreamweaver CS5. All the validation upload stuff in included.

It can bloat the code so make sure you enter in the source code panel not in design view.

Soldato
I use Dreamweaver CS5 and Notepad++

I mainly use DW in code view and for very quick layout previews. I use Notepad++ for a very quick edit when im not in DW or for general text file stuff.

Associate
Most of the tags you are using are deprecated now (such as your <font>,<b> and <u> tags), so you should really be using CSS to style your document.

As mentioned above, use Notepad++ or similar to help with syntax highlighting.

W3Schools is a good resource!

Associate
DIVS + CSS = win

If you are just starting out - its quite a steep learning curve but well worth doing it right.

Soldato
I don't think there really is a steep learning curve.

I know when I first started, I would just 'hack' together a bunch of html and css and hope for the best. It didn't take long before I had one of those 'Ah, I get it' moments where it all just made sense. There really are only a few fundamental principles to learn before it all makes sense.

I agree that CSS is definitely WIN! It's very very easy to learn but surprisingly difficult to master but well worth it once you do.

Soldato
I use Eclipse PDT. Open Source and decent with code highlighting. Also, if you want to close a tag, simply CTRL-Space and it will give you options, including closing the current tag. It also shows "warnings" where HTML tags are missing or showing weird things...

Back
Top Bottom