Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
I have a hz24wi and I was thinking of replacing it as my main monitor with a bigger one and using the hz24wi as a secondary one. Due to space constraints, I'll need it on an arm if I even want to have a chance of fitting it all on my desk. :D I've read that you need to buy a special vesa adaptor from Hazro direct for this though. Does anyone know if they still sell these and how much they cost?

Associate
I have a hz24wi and I was thinking of replacing it as my main monitor with a bigger one and using the hz24wi as a secondary one. Due to space constraints, I'll need it on an arm if I even want to have a chance of fitting it all on my desk. :D I've read that you need to buy a special vesa adaptor from Hazro direct for this though. Does anyone know if they still sell these and how much they cost?

You'll have to look on their website for contact details and see if they respond. No idea how much they cost, but others have got them and will know how much they spent :)

Soldato
I suppose the only thing I know for sure is that they are releasing 7 screens this year and at least one is an LED screen!

Edit*
They list HZ24WLED info on the website, release date says Late April which obviously not happened as of yet but the specs do look good and a fully adjustable stand - finally!

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/20.htm#hazro_new_range

'HZ24WLED (aka HZ24Wd) - Launched as a mid-application monitor aimed at the more discerning buyer, the HZ24WLED has been specifically optimised for use in environments where high colour saturation, brightness and gamut are critical. The screen features an LED Backlight H-IPS panel along with DVI, HDMI, component and D-sub interfaces. The new LED backlit 24” will use the same IPS panel as used in the high end Apple Cinema Display and will feature a glossy panel coating. There is a wide range of interface options available as well'

Will be interesting too see PVA/IPS LED panels :)

Soldato
Does anyone have any more tips for getting in contact with Hazro? It's been over six weeks now and I'm really starting to get annoyed.

I have emailed them several times, sent god-knows-how-many webnotes, tried calling them (the phone just rings out), and even sent a letter via recorded delivery to an address I was provided by a member where who sent back a screen for RMA a while back. The letter did not arrive (address not recognised). I even tried to get their information via the companies house website, but they are not listed :confused:

The only indication that Hazro even exist is the reply I got a few weeks back when I put in a webnote as a business user (I do run a business, although I use this screen at home). They asked for more details on the problem, to be sent to [email protected], but then just did not reply.

It's completely unacceptable that a company should just ignore its customers like this... I really can't fathom it. Is there anything else that I can try to get hold of them? Excellent though the screen is, I won't be buying a Hazro product again. Why would anyone choose to buy a product from a company that will happily take a dump all over their customers at the first sign of a screen fault?

Gibbo - is there any possibility you can provide me with an updated phone number for them? I really want to get in contact because this is really taking the mick now...

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone have any more tips for getting in contact with Hazro? It's been over six weeks now and I'm really starting to get annoyed.

I have emailed them several times, sent god-knows-how-many webnotes, tried calling them (the phone just rings out), and even sent a letter via recorded delivery to an address I was provided by a member where who sent back a screen for RMA a while back. The letter did not arrive (address not recognised). I even tried to get their information via the companies house website, but they are not listed :confused:

The only indication that Hazro even exist is the reply I got a few weeks back when I put in a webnote as a business user (I do run a business, although I use this screen at home). They asked for more details on the problem, to be sent to [email protected], but then just did not reply.

It's completely unacceptable that a company should just ignore its customers like this... I really can't fathom it. Is there anything else that I can try to get hold of them? Excellent though the screen is, I won't be buying a Hazro product again. Why would anyone choose to buy a product from a company that will happily take a dump all over their customers at the first sign of a screen fault?

Gibbo - is there any possibility you can provide me with an updated phone number for them? I really want to get in contact because this is really taking the mick now...

I can't get hold of them either. Luckily for me I don't have anything wrong with my screen, but I just want to buy a vesa mount adaptor from them. I would have thought they would have jumped at the chance at a bit of easy cash (albeit a small amount). Any info would be greatly appreciated here as well! :)

Oh and I posted in the customer service forum here about this and OcUK don't have any contact information for them. :(

Associate
6 weeks is nothing. Last i heard from them is january 2009. I have sent tons of e-mails.

:D

Really, Hazro is the worst company i ever bought products from. I never experienced a (non existing) customer service like this before.
Hazro must be bankrupt for 2 years already. Maybe it is just some angry ex-employee who is updating the website, replies to e-mails on a 6month basis to **** off customers. :D

Anyways, I am just happy my screens still work (minus the bricked psu which i replaced via Ebay) and i just hope they will for at least the next five years.

I have a hz24wi and I was thinking of replacing it as my main monitor with a bigger one and using the hz24wi as a secondary one. Due to space constraints, I'll need it on an arm if I even want to have a chance of fitting it all on my desk. I've read that you need to buy a special vesa adaptor from Hazro direct for this though. Does anyone know if they still sell these and how much they cost?

If you ever get ahold of them and can ever buy them, don't mind to send you some money by ex paypal to buy one as well. I have been trying to get ahold of this vesa bracket for almost two years now. But... wishful thinking..

Last edited:
Soldato
^^^ Okay, well then I guess it's time to get Trading Standards involved.

It's really not acceptable for a company to simply ignore its customers, and by extension, refuse to honour its warranties. Especially with high-end expensive items.

I might ask you guys for contact information if it looks like it will help? (after talking to Trading Standards).

Associate

It's really not acceptable for a company to simply ignore its customers, and by extension, refuse to honour its warranties. Especially with high-end expensive items.

I might ask you guys for contact information if it looks like it will help? (after talking to Trading Standards).

Let us know how you get on. Although my monitor isn't broken, the fact I can't get hold of a vesa mount adaptor has put a halt to my planned monitor upgrade. :( I could understand if they had gone out of business, but it seems like they are operating still, so there is no excuse to not at least reply to customers emails or allow customers to contact them in some way.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ooh forgot about this, I've not even heard back from them since they sent an email when I last posted about new LED monitors coming out soon :/

Associate

I was actually wondering why no one from the UK ever took action against this company. As i am from Holland it's a bit hard. I don't mind to give my details if it helps.

Soldato
Oh, they still exist... They just recently gave word of a new range of screens to TFT central, including specs. They're just choosing to ignore their customers and not honour their warranties.

I'll try to get in touch with trading standards tomorrow, if i get a free 20 mins. I'll keep you guys informed of any developments.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I called the "consumer direct" number, which is the number listed on the trading standards website (08454 040506). They told me that, ultimately, the responsibility lies with overclockers to provide repair or replacement for the item. I was a little disappointed to hear this, since in my mind OcUK have done their job already by acting as an agent of sale, and I don't really want to screw them on this. But, I guess that the law is the law, and if I legally have to go through OcUK to get to Hazro then so be it. I assume that overclockers will manage to pass on the cost to Hazro eventually...

I was advised to send a recorded delivery letter to OcUK, stating that the monitor has developed a fault, and requesting a repair or like-for-like replacement at no cost to myself, under the sale of goods act 1979. I was advised that I may need to provide proof of failure via an independent report, but that OcUK would also be liable for the cost of this report (if they request it).

...I guess that this doesn't help you guys who were wanting to get in touch with Hazro for other reasons. But anyway, I will get into contact with OcUK to arrange a replacement. I'll keep you updated on the situation.

Associate
Good luck with OcUK path..

I still don't believe Hazro exist as a UK company at this time:
1. No listing at companies house.
2. No physical contact details at all on website.
3. No VAT reg number on website (A legal requirement for a UK company).
4. Website just has a general feel of lameness about it - hard coded 'in stock' numbers and inconsistent design across product pages etc - I'd wager it's being updated from the far East where the monitors are being churned out..

This lot are more lively however : http://www.doublesight.com/product/?idx=15, although US based, I don't know if they'd be able to get parts etc.

Touch wood my HZ30 is still working at the moment :|

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, as far as I know, Hazro have never had "physical" contact details on their website, even back when they were very active in the UK.

As for companies house - they include all past company names also. The only listing for "Hazro" is a company that ceased to exist in 1988. This could mean that they are registered under a different name or, as you suggest, are not a UK-based company. They certainly did have UK offices (In Birmingham) in the past though.

I agree that it is extremely poor practice not to have company number, VAT reg number or any hard contact details on their website. I mentioned this to trading standards, but they didn't seem particularly interested. They were adamant that my only legal recourse was through the retailer. It seems that the law sets the retailer as a "buffer" to act as an intermediary between manufacturer and customer. I hope that OcUK and their "legal team" have better luck tracking down Hazro.

I hope your HZ30 stays solid. Mine was a cracking piece of kit... Until one day it was just a paperweight.

Soldato
Just an update:

I sent the screen off to OcUK yesterday, after finally getting an RMA number. I was originally directed to send it to a company called "repairtec", but they had never heard of Hazro. Anyway, after a few calls to the OcUK support line I have an RMA number, and am told that I will be getting a replacement screen of some kind. I don't know what replacement options I will have, but unless OcUK can get in contact with Hazro and get a replacement HZ30W, the only 30" 2560-res screen that OcUK stock is the Dell 3008. In principle I suppose this is an upgrade, but I'm not sure I would want to use it due to the 40ms+ input lag.

Anyway, we'll see. At this point, any 30" 2560 IPS screen will do.

Soldato
I'm glad to hear you're getting a replacement. Seems that the warranty was a lot longer on the bigger screens :)

24" only had a year :(

The warranty was for three years, but that was with the manufacturer (Hazro) who point-blank refuse to deal with me, or even respond to me.

I returned it to OcuK under the sale of goods act 1979, on advice from trading standards. So nothing to do with the warranty.

It's annoying that I needed to go down this route, and also annoying that OcUK will be taking the hit for Hazro's shocking (non existent) customer service, but according to the law that's the only avenue I could pursue...

Back
Top Bottom