*** The Official HTC Desire (Bravo) Thread! ***

Associate
Does anyone else's browser crash to the homepage when it has almost finished loading www.bbc.co.uk/football on 2.2 (froyo) if you have the plugin settings to 'always on' (the default setting) rather than 'on demand'. There seem to several threads on xda developers about this, but I was wondering if it was a widespread issue across all 2.2 roms as it certainly crashes all the time on my 2.2 OTA update.

Also crashes for me, although not every time.

Associate
Anyone know how to get internet radio on desire? Specifically sports uk stations?

I think their is a DAB app (can't remember the name) but it's paid. I'm sure it's got the majority of the spors radio stations on there. Also I think beebplayer had 5live etc on it if u can find the .apk, since it's no longer available on the market.

Soldato
I think their is a DAB app (can't remember the name) but it's paid. I'm sure it's got the majority of the spors radio stations on there. Also I think beebplayer had 5live etc on it if u can find the .apk, since it's no longer available on the market.

Myplayer on the market is an iplayer app :)

Man of Honour
Yeah I sometimes get this. Headphones seem to stop working for no reason, only speaker works, until I reboot. Have you managed to find a fix yet? Didn't realise you posted this a while ago, not been on the thread in a while lol.

Unfortunately not. It's not a Rom, hardware or app issue, so it seems to be a deeper problem, akin to driver issues.

I can believe more people aren't complaining about this, as it's a pain, even if a reboot does fix it temporarily.

Last edited:
Soldato
Im still on OpenDesire 3.5.2 and i love it... well kinda... i truly miss sense! :(

BUT battery life is great... unplugged before work about 7:30, 2 wee 15 min calls or under, my usual lot of pottering about on web/bookface, 2 eps of the big bang theory and then still had 25% when i plugged it in for sleeping :D

Oh and its overclocked!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
i truly miss sense! :(

You won't miss it after long :)

htc_desire_cradles_cased.jpg

My phone is now complete! No new ROMs installed the whole week pretty much, I must be ill.....or satisfied with DeFrost :p

Soldato
Anyone else on defrost. 3. 1. If I go to accounts and try to add Facebook, it immediately. puts me back to the add account page, however, the app works fine but I obviously. can't sync my Facebook contacts and see their lovely faces.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Its a cheapo one I bought off ebay and then modded it a bit!

htc_desire_dock.jpg

htc_desire_dock_mod2.jpg

The USB power adapter is a bit of a BS piece of kit though, mine died a week in! I charge via my PC anyway though so I didn't cry a river :p

Anyone else on defrost. 3. 1. If I go to accounts and try to add Facebook, it immediately. puts me back to the add account page, however, the app works fine but I obviously. can't sync my Facebook contacts and see their lovely faces.

Facebook works for me, just as long as you enable contacts sync within facebook settings.

Last edited:
Associate
Excellent, off to shop I go.
Bought 2 cheap ones, but none have any support for the phone, bit iffy when turning the alarm off in the morning, You can just see the USB snapping off.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
This comes with a support which wraps round the sides but I modded it off and added bottm corner pads to stop it rocking. Perfectly usable and prettier (updated pic above) :)

Soldato
You won't miss it after long :)

htc_desire_cradles_cased.jpg

My phone is now complete! No new ROMs installed the whole week pretty much, I must be ill.....or satisfied with DeFrost :p

Robbie, link to that case please and your thoughts on this style of case versus a flip-over leather thingy ??

I am thinking about swapping my Tuff Luv case for something like that to cut down on the bulk but there are so many diff types about I aint sure which one to go for...

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's the hardcase I posted about in the Dash Mount guide thread!

I don't like flip cases, they add bulk and look too old fashioned.

The weather widget is Snowstorm.

Soldato
It's the hardcase I posted about in the Dash Mount guide thread!

I don't like flip cases, they add bulk and look too old fashioned.

The weather widget is Snowstorm.

That case looks ideal for me, I'm slightly worried about scratching the back of mine.

Also, unrelated.... Are you a Canon man again Khaaan!?!

Back
Top Bottom