*** The Official HTC Desire (Bravo) Thread! ***

SMN

SMN

Soldato
Had my desire for 2-3 weeks now. Is it just me or is it really difficult to text using? Ive calibrated it a few times and i still have to backspace about 4-5 times for each text.

Soldato
Man of Honour
Also, unrelated.... Are you a Canon man again Khaaan!?!

I use both :p

What wallpaper is that you have installed?

It's one I made, see home screens thread for wallpaper, linked 3 times iirc in there :p

Kahn, what bodyshield are you using? and is it worthwhile rooting for defrost? im sill pre froyo.

Linked to it in various threads, most recently in my DIY dash mount thread! And yes it's well worth rooting for DeFrost or OpenDesire!

Associate
I don’t know if anyone else has suffered from this problem but my desire has a right niggly problem when trying to end a call. I take the phone from my ear touch the screen and it will flash on then back off and I cant get the screen to come back on easily. This means when I finish a call there is a lot of faffing about until i finally get the call ended in which time the person at the other end can hear me f'in n blinding.

I tried updating to the 2.2 fw but this hasn’t solved the problem, anyone else had this and know of a fix?

Permabanned
If you're going for a dock I'd recommend one that can charge a separate battery on it's own, I have a similar one to Khaaan's that does (in fact I think I can see the lines on Khaans where a battery could go on a 'better' version). I got an OEM battery and the dock for £20 on ebay but it went up a tenner the week later when I was going to buy a second one.

Having a second battery has become invaluable.

Soldato
Got my desire today, pretty sure it has the lcd screen but that doesn't bother me too much. Just wondered how do I download from a link rather than autoplay, for example if I click an mp4 link it plays rather than allowing me to download it

Associate
rooting is well worth it, my desires battery life is stupid good with latest defrost (19hours 39 mins unplugged) and sitting on 54%

Associate
check out xda devs for all you need to know on rooting.

theres a program you install on your desktop (linux for preference, but works on windows) which literally roots ur phone in a few clicks.

check out xda for the guide. or androidforum.com and lookout for guides talking about unrEvoked =)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom