Phone suggestions wanted...

Associate
To All,

Has anybody any recommendations for a mobile phone for me please?! - basically it's for my mother, she is getting quite "tech savvy" as she stated and her old phone has basically died. She had a Motorola Razr.

She isn't a fan of the touch screens for texting but would probably go for one if the screen buttons were big enough, she's only 50 however.
I think she would be better suited to an actual keypad, however she says buttons on blackberrys are too small!

I have an LG touch max android phone, which is quite easy to use and she didnt mind the keypad on that, but my boyfriend has a HTC Hero, and she disliked texting on that completely.

Ideally she needs a phone with large enough buttons, simple menus, a camera, the rest is all a bonus. I have had a look and am unsure what to suggest.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!!
Thankyouuu :)
SparkleBox

Soldato
How about the Sony Experia x10 Mini? Also there's the HTC Wildfire, both are great phones which run Android (Like your phone and the Hero) and quite feminine at the same time :)

Soldato
I'd steer clear of Android tbh, she may say she's tech savvy but for a 50 year old (I assume of course, she could be hacking during the early hours of every morning, you'll know better than me) that usually means she understands what texting is and can add someone to her contact book.

I don't know what the budget is, but maybe a Nokia C5?

Soldato
I doubt a 50 year old would have a fun time on the tiny fiddly keys of the X10 Mini Pro?

I can't imagine when she says tech savvy she means anything beyond she uses a mobile phone for calling and texting, she'll get nothing out of android other than shorter battery life and higher costs.

Associate
OP
Lol I agree with comments, she texts, makes phone calls and can just about add contacts, oh and she likes to change her ringtone! Budget not really an issue at all, I will have a look at the Nokia and show her the xperia :) - Thankyou all for your contributions! xx

Associate
tbh a smartphone is probably wasted on her if she isnt going to make use of the data/media side of it that much.

Associate
A smartphone probably isn't the best idea as Niir said. A normal phone without all the gadgets would probably be better for her.

Associate
OP
Is there any reasonable non smartphones that you would recommend Niir and hittman? I agree with what you're saying, I think she'd still like a bit of fanciness even if she can't use it lol xx

AMG

AMG

Soldato
I think just a "normal" phone would apply here rather than andoird, seems a waste to have something like a wildfire for what your mother uses the phone for...

problem with smartphones is that they have a lot of features that is likey to confuse also (android particaly) they have very poor battery life

Back
Top Bottom