C300 6gb/s issues

Associate
This week I built my new i5 rig, spec here
http://i56.tinypic.com/3313n84.jpg

I've got everything setup and working. However one issue I have is trying to get the C300 to run off the Marvell 6gb/s SATA controller. The drive does not respond to anything, windows takes 10 minutes or so to load, or just not at all. Just hangs at the bootloader.
Even when it does boot to the desktop Windows does not respond to anything.

However if I connect the SSD to the the JMicron 3gb/s contoller then Windows loads instantly and I have no issues with the drive at all.
This is the benchmark that I ran in 3gb/s mode
2wfsaqg.png

Which I guess is about right for this drive under 3gb/s mode?

Things I have tried are
- installing the latest marvell sata controller for my mobo from the ASUS website.
- Flashed the BIOS to the latest version

I thinking their is an issue with Windows7 and the Marvell 6gb/s controller? The drive is 100% fine so I don't think it is faulty as such.

What do you recommend to get it running on the Marvell controller

Associate
OP
When I first booted into the BIOS this the first thing I did change. Both ATA controllers are set to AHCI

I Also reset them to ACHI after flashing the BIOS too.

Thanx

Associate
Hey

Wasnt there an issue with the driver

I have heard some things and it seems preformance slows down and that chip set benefits from default microsoft driver

May be completely wrong being silly but just an idea :)

Reagrds Ryan

Associate
Hi i got a C300 64gb yesterday and set it up as a boot drive im getting 340 read 71 write on the 6gb/s port,i did not update the firmware im not sure what firmware its running do you think i need to update or just leave it as it is thanks
as-ssd-benchC300-CTFDDAC064M0809201020-51-11.png

is my firmware that 0002 number

Last edited:
Associate
I've got a Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 motherboard and was getting the same speed issues with my c300. What i did was roll back the sata driver that windows installed with dated 2006 and retested and the speeds returned to the Sata 6gb spec. Getting 337MB/s Read and 69MB/s write.

Associate
OP
Okay so I reinstalled Windows on to the drive. This time I disconnected my f3's and just connected the drive to the 6gb/s port.

And the drive seems to be working ok. I am able to boot into windows without any problems. But it is not running at sata3 speeds :(. More like Sata1 speeds:
24osxs5.png

So what next.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom