BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Soldato
This has been happening the last couple of weeks, turning it off for 20 minutes did solve it but was becoming more frequent and taking longer to resolve every time it happened. Was like it all of yesterday evening and the same today. :(

2010-09-07%2006.56.51.jpg

Fab

Fab

Associate
I managed to get a full refund from D*bs.com. And they have very poor customer service and support, maybe I was lucky, but how much are OcUK offering for a refund?

I was told on the phone it would be the cost of the monitor over the three year warranty.. minus previous use.
That's from purchase to present, not purchase to fault.

I believe it worked out to a £60 "partial refund". o_o

Hoping a call with Chris Montgomery - Returns Manager will put things right, now that's he's back at work..

Soldato
So a fiver for mine if OcUK did that. I don't think it is worth bothering with to be honest. A spec me a monitor thread will appear when it is payday by the looks of things.

Associate
I was told on the phone it would be the cost of the monitor over the three year warranty.. minus previous use.
That's from purchase to present, not purchase to fault.

I believe it worked out to a £60 "partial refund". o_o

Hoping a call with Chris Montgomery - Returns Manager will put things right, now that's he's back at work..

I don't understand this formula that some stores have started to use. Basically by their maths an item is worth £0 once it's out of warranty. This isn't true, although it does vary, if in good working condition hardware could be worth ~50% of it's initial purchase price on the second hand market.

Permabanned
They dont care whats it worth... All they care about is not haveing to give out to much money, OCUK is a perfect example of this.
Its a scam IMO and if it was taken to court they would loose.

Associate
I have 3 of theses, all with the same panel in Eyefinity, but this has happened to one of them:

4996366607_e50686ea04.jpg

4996971270_7d722f5416.jpg

It was fine till a couple of weeks ago, switching it off then on seems to fix it for about 30 secs to 5 mins then it happens again. Looks similar to what has happened to Trifid. I tried using DVI and VGA but it happens on both.

Anyone got any tips or know where I can/if get it fixed?

Associate
If you get it repaired on the warranty, they will spend months saying they are awaiting parts, but in reality they don't make the parts anymore.

So it's a like for like exchange or refund.

Soldato
If your monitor's over six months old under SoGA OcUK don't have to offer you anything unless you can prove that the problem was inherent in the monitor when you bought it. Your warranty is between you and the manufacturer and, as such, irrelevant. If your monitor is less than six months old then, as there is no chance of repair or sensible replacement I'd say in this instance refund is the only practical option. They stopped selling this monitor years ago though, right?

Proving that the problem is inherent is an uphill struggle, especially as only a handful of people have reported this problem and absolutely tons of these monitors were sold (they were a steal when they first came out).

Associate
Well he may not have bought it from OcUK.

Your warranty issues should be sorted out by the retailer though.

I think theres been more than a handful of people with this problem.

Associate
How long does it take for repairtech to assign an RMA number?
They emailed back next day asking for specific info about the faults, serial number etc.

I haven't heard anything from them since, it's been 8 days so far.
Any ideas on how to speed it up? The monitor is now completely unusable.

Permabanned
How long does it take for repairtech to assign an RMA number?
They emailed back next day asking for specific info about the faults, serial number etc.

I haven't heard anything from them since, it's been 8 days so far.
Any ideas on how to speed it up? The monitor is now completely unusable.

My old DGM monitor RMA was 3 weeks before they got back to me and 3 weeks after i sent out to get a new one

Back
Top Bottom