which is the best Touchscreen Phone right now?

Caporegime
It's not a sudden hate. Flash been bloated and
poorly optimised for years. Why would you want to run something flash based on phone and get a third of the battery life than if something was coded properly?

Hmmm....use a bit more battery vs. not being able to see the website whatsoever. THAT'S A TOUGH DECISION ... !

I use an iPhone and I've not missed flash once...

That's because you are just another massive iPhone fanboy. All the iPhone users saying they don't miss flash make me laugh. The only reason they don't miss it is because they have to avoid flash-based sites, since it reminds them how crippled their device is.

Soldato
Well tbh I think its great, you get to view true content quality direct from bbc Iplayer and youtube in HD, pages load fast and without it I would be disappointed. Ive only had my Desire a few weeks and the leap from using apps to view iplayer to getting 10.1 flash and viewing its full glory was amazing.

You can view iPlayer and Youtube content just fine on an iPhone. It doesn't need flash.

Hmmm....use a bit more battery vs. not being able to see the website whatsoever. THAT'S A TOUGH DECISION ... !

That's because you are just another massive iPhone fanboy. All the iPhone users saying they don't miss flash make me laugh. The only reason they don't miss it is because they have to avoid flash-based sites, since it reminds them how crippled their device is.

You can call me a massive Apple fanboi if you like, but you'd be wrong. I've only had the thing 6 weeks, and it was bought to replace a busted old iPod.

There's not a single website I use that requires flash. The one's that work better with it installed eg Youtube and iPlayer have apps available so it's invalid point.

I could call you an flash loving Android fanboi, but I won't.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
Why has this turned into a OSX vs android thread? Apple must have some sort of flash. Obviously not the fully blown one. Also apple have the dedicated apps for YouTube and iplayer. Since it works on the browser anyways what's the point

Soldato
To be fair, I have an Android phone and went without Flash perfectly happy, and now considering removing it as most of the time it runs slow, slows down the page loading time, just like it does on PCs, I wouldn't shed a tear in the slightest if Flash dies a death, laggy unstable junk.

Also anything that is promoting the move to stupid and completely unnecessary video articles over proper written articles can go die in a fire too, the number of times you click on a BBC link expecting to read a short article and it's some stupid video which I have no interest whatsoever in watching is quite frustrating.

Last edited:
Soldato

:p

These kinds of posts for me discredit your entire argument/opinion. You've simply ignored what certain people have said (and their requirements) and made your own mind up.

Maybe you should refer back to my 'waffle' to get a better understanding.

Soldato

Erm, yeah, alright mate. Take a chill pill please. I had two Android phones over a year, and I don't miss it now on the iPhone. Kindly check your fanboyism at the door please. Other people have different opinions - that's how the world works!

Soldato
Broke my phone today so phoned up for a replacement, they told me I could upgrade my phone (since February too!). So had a quick look on here, am I right to be thinking of the HTC Desire and Samsung Galaxy as main choices? I've never had a 'smart' phone before and have no idea about any of it.

Associate
Broke my phone today so phoned up for a replacement, they told me I could upgrade my phone (since February too!). So had a quick look on here, am I right to be thinking of the HTC Desire and Samsung Galaxy as main choices? I've never had a 'smart' phone before and have no idea about any of it.

Correct Desire HD and Galaxy S...........unless you want an iphone.

Soldato
I just spoke to Orange, those two phones are out of stock :( So now I have the choice of waiting a few weeks (or more) with a broken phone/use an old phone, or to choose another model which is in stock. I think I'll wait for the Desire as it has caught my eye. Still, rather annoying.

Associate
Another vote for the Desire. Best phone I've ever owned by a long long way. I'd rather sidestep the android vs. osx argument by saying that both have some amazing abilities, but the ability to tinker with my Desire as much or as little as I choose really does it for me.

Soldato
Wait for the Desire HD or Desire Z (if you want a flip down hardware keyboard). The desire is now superceded, so unless you can get it much cheaper wait for the Desire HD which should be available in a few weeks time.

Associate
having had both for about a month now I can tell you that my desire never gets used unless somebody from work is calling me on it. The iphone is much more fun and just runs better imo!

Soldato
To be fair, I have an Android phone and went without Flash perfectly happy, and now considering removing it as most of the time it runs slow, slows down the page loading time, just like it does on PCs, I wouldn't shed a tear in the slightest if Flash dies a death, laggy unstable junk.

Also anything that is promoting the move to stupid and completely unnecessary video articles over proper written articles can go die in a fire too, the number of times you click on a BBC link expecting to read a short article and it's some stupid video which I have no interest whatsoever in watching is quite frustrating.

Settings > enable plugins > on demand (now you get a box, just like iOS, but you can click it to run the flash content. Genius, no ads or lag under normal browsing)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom