• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gfx cards amp draw query

Soldato
Hi guys,

I was testing my 260 out, and in GPU-Z there is a monitor listed as VDDC A, which I assume is Amps. Now my PSU is rated for 52Amps, and the max I saw this card draw was 63.1A whilst watching it.

Is there something I'm not quite understanding here or is it overloading the PSU? (I did not that at stock they draw 55 to 65, yet people quote 38Amps for 260's. Things don't match up).

What am I missing here?

Associate
I believe the VDDC refers to the internal power circuitry of your card which is often around 1V. Think about all these OC programs that allow you to change voltages, it's in tiny increments and it doesn't start particularly high either :)

63A @ ~1V = 63W

Soldato
OP
Yeah just found a post by Wizzard on it. So my card max was 63.1 @ 1.125 = 70.98W. The amp rating on the PSU is 50Amps @ 12V, so I have nothing to worry about basically. Wish I knew how much it was drawing from the 12v rails though.

Associate
Yeah just found a post by Wizzard on it. So my card max was 63.1 @ 1.125 = 70.98W. The amp rating on the PSU is 50Amps @ 12V, so I have nothing to worry about basically. Wish I knew how much it was drawing from the 12v rails though.

Well you can take a well educated guess based on those values. While the power transformers won't be 100% efficient, I would imagine they'd be at least 80%.

For 71W at 80%, it equates to ~89W at 12V or 7.5A.

Back
Top Bottom