Do you think, forums members post count, should include OCUK product reviews as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Please move if in the wrong section.

I am just 'browsing' the OCUK shopping area just seeing what is new and if there is anything I would like to buy. :p (Got my eyes on a G27)

But this post really stems from when I was upgrading the other month to the items in my sig, I was looking at products and wanted to know what the items were like, there otherclocking ablity ect ect.

For example the P7P55D-E motherboard. There are a lot of people on this forum with this board but only like 1 or 2 reviews on the porduct page in the 'shopping' area. I know I could come to the forum to ask but sometimes that maybe not possible

So my question is to help aid buyers (not just forum members) do you think OCUK should link forum members post count to product reviews as well? This will increase feedback and aid potential buyers.

Discuss, Cheers.

Associate
i can see the idea why, but if you had each member review an item every time they bought some stuff there would be too many reviews, that and the review section will likely turn into a debate - which it isn't really there for. i find for electronic goods the reviews contrast dramatically and what someone likes another will dislike and there always the times when a person gets a duff mobo or summin and has a big rant, don't think reviews should be taken too seriously on the main website but in the forums you can make useful decisions and get good ideas and have a general good discussion before you buy.

to sum:
no, review section isn't at all useful anyway, forums are much better

Associate
Perhaps in the user public profile, it could link to reviews they had posted on the main site?

If you know someone has a piece of gear (ie it's listed in their sig) that you're intending to purchase, it could be helpful to be able to click through to their review.

In all honesty, I'll take a mix of user reviews and "proper" reviews before making my decision on a purchase - I don't think it really matters too much if you see someone's individual opinion on a piece of hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom