BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Soldato
oh, and now it's got screen burn lol

img3762p.jpg

Soldato
That is a sign that you spent too much time on Facebook! Let that be a reminder ;). You can get utilities that cycle through primary colours, black and white screenfills (Dell has this built into the monitor) to try to alleviate the 'burn' if it is infact temporary retention.

P.S. A girl kisses you whilst... I'm intrigued!

Associate
mines got some new symptoms :\, power on itll make a slight high frequency noise, show a picture briefly then the colours all fade to black quickly and im left with some bars that are near black, on a black screen

only does it sometimes tho :x

Associate
I echo AshMcConnell's post. My DGM was collected by the repair company on the 6th June as the screen was starting to fail powering on.

It has now been with them 5 months and almost two weeks, and all I can get from them is "we're sorry for the delay".... "waiting for parts from Digimate".

Not very happy.

Rob.

Associate
I've still got no monitor from them. I'm not sure how to proceed. Pointless having a 3 year warranty if they don't keep the parts for 3 years! I'm worried that DGM are going out of business.

Good luck Rob,
Ash

Associate
I've still got no monitor from them. I'm not sure how to proceed. Pointless having a 3 year warranty if they don't keep the parts for 3 years! I'm worried that DGM are going out of business.

Good luck Rob,
Ash
I've just spoken to Digimate Customer Services, and they are going to see if they can send a replacement monitor as they're still waiting for a replacement panel. The girl was very helpful. Give their customer services a call... 0871 250 8000 quoting your repair-tech reference.

Their terms and conditions state if they can't repair it a replacement screen is sent. I would presume after 5 months repair is not looking like a possibility.

Soldato
In an earlier post, somebody has clearly stated that DGM will not be getting any new parts and that they are basically fobbing you off with excuses.

Some of you have waited weeks/months. A decade could go by and you still wont get your fixed monitor, because parts are no longer available.

From what I understand, if DGM have the parts and the monitor can be fixed, you will get your fixed monitor delivered back to your home, in reasonable time. But if they are "waiting for parts", you may as well ask them not to bother fixing it and instead, give you a different monitor. "Waiting for parts" means, "We do not have the parts for your monitor. We are never going to have the parts to fix your monitor. We are never going to fix your monitor. And we hope you eventually buy a new monitor and forget about the broken monitor you sent to us."

Soldato
So my DMG has now finally packed up after around 2 years - so do I send it back to the retailer who offered three year on-site (I have a print out of their web page) or just call DMG direct?

Soldato
Not sure where you stand if the retailer advertised on-site incorrectly. It is definately Return to Base Repair, frankly the worst kind of warranty. It would be pretty hard to prove, even with a printout. The first year under UK consumer law the retailer is definately who you should be dealing with, regardless of what retailers try and tell you.

Back
Top Bottom