**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Associate
Not a great advert* for starcraft at the mlgpro finals I doubt. I hope this forces a LAN option sooner rather than later!

*battlenet server went down during a epic match and had to be restarted :(

Associate
I have finished playing as Random. I cant stand playing as Protoss! Playing random 1v1 did help me understand other races very well and the mechanics of other races. Im now just playing zerg and I seem to have a better w/l ratio than before when I played as Terran. Now to get back into diamond!

Soldato
I have finished playing as Random. I cant stand playing as Protoss! Playing random 1v1 did help me understand other races very well and the mechanics of other races. Im now just playing zerg and I seem to have a better w/l ratio than before when I played as Terran. Now to get back into diamond!

im the same, i really dislike playing as protoss, i don't know why but i just feel really limited in what i can do early game.. I just go Random for 2v2's upwards unless my partner and I are laddering properly, but everytime i go protoss i always do some sort of mad strategy just to keep myself entertained! ^^

Kar, some more ladder 2's tonight? think i might stick at playing Zerg hehe we might do more damage :p

Soldato
I might join in the 1v1 this time, although I'm still not great but I'm crawling up the Bronze div from rank 70 something to 30 something now.

do it :) its a great way to meet new players on OcUK

I think we should have one night tours with winner/loser brackets, i reckon that could work out! :)

That way they can be more regular too, rather than having a month long tournament! hehe

Soldato
do it :) its a great way to meet new players on OcUK

I think we should have one night tours with winner/loser brackets, i reckon that could work out! :)

That way they can be more regular too, rather than having a month long tournament! hehe

I've started playing multiplayer today and I'm getting my ass handed to me! :D

I'm still doing to 50 practice games so far and finding 2v2 easier than 1v1...

Do you have any tips on how I can win or at least not lose so badly? The only way I've won so far on 1v1 was with a cheesy PF rush, and this was against a zerg!

I think I am improving though and I'd also be up for getting beaten by a few people in here. What's the easiest way of going about it? Shall I just add a few people and just play when they are online? Seems far simpler than a tournament and no pressure also. :)

I may join the upcoming tournament also, it does sound like fun.

Soldato
It's a new strategy I've been testing, I was working out how quickly I could swamp 4 raxs with orders and it's within 5 minutes i.e. I've got enough supply and enough crystal to literally have full build queues on each, there's actually room for a 5th rax! Marine only. :D

Associate
I've started playing multiplayer today and I'm getting my ass handed to me! :D

I'm still doing to 50 practice games so far and finding 2v2 easier than 1v1...

Do you have any tips on how I can win or at least not lose so badly? The only way I've won so far on 1v1 was with a cheesy PF rush, and this was against a zerg!

I think I am improving though and I'd also be up for getting beaten by a few people in here. What's the easiest way of going about it? Shall I just add a few people and just play when they are online? Seems far simpler than a tournament and no pressure also. :)

I may join the upcoming tournament also, it does sound like fun.

Top tips are stop playing the practice games :p. They bare very little resemblance to actual league games. That's not to say league games (at bronze) are harder mind, because if you get scouting and getting other fundamentals right then you should find it easier.

Ok, so actual tips:

Constantly produce scvs and mules. Really at the lower levels it is far more important that you have more units than it is particularly what units they are (within reason). To do this you need to be absolutely maximising your economy at all times. This cannot be stressed enough! Even in the heat of battle carry on producing them (hotkeys help with this a lot). I'd recommend practising against computers to get this into your head.

Linked to the above, always aim to be broke :p. Unspent resources are wasted resources, so always spend them. Find you have 400 minerals? Expand. Are you producing from every unit producing building and still resources are building up? Build more. Excess gas? Upgrades. Anything, just spend it. It's at this stage where you can find out for yourself how many barracks/factories/starports you can support off one base.

Never get supply blocked. Fairly obvious, and it happens to all of us, but if it is happening regularly then you are screwing yourself over.

Never queue units, you're basically just having unspent resources by another name.

Things like PF rushes and other cheesy/gimmicky stuff will only get you so far. It's funny to watch, but against even a reasonable player such things will just get eaten alive. You might get the odd cheap win but you should be looking at improving your whole gameplay style, not just having a cheap win.

Watch anything day9 has done, he's awesome :). http://day9tv.blip.tv/

So yeah :), this is probably amongst the hardest games you could possibly play, so don't be put off by losing a lot. It will take time to improve and you'll have plenty of fun along the way :).

Back
Top Bottom