Spec me an anti-establishment song

Associate
Imagine you could choose a song to go up against this years X-Factor winner, just like Rage Against The Machine did last year. Which "sticking it to the man", anti-establishment song would you pick.

My choice would be Heaven 17 - Fascist Groove Thang. Great song, clever lyrics and was banned in its day! Just maybe not "facebook friendly" enough :(

Soldato
David Ford - State of the Union
David Ford - Panic

Both brilliant songs with incredible lyrics that fit the theme and wouldn't be putting money straight into the pockets of exactly the sort of media empires that benefited from last years fun but unltimately pointless backing of Rage.

Still don't think that the same thing should be attempted this year, it was all a bit sad by the end last year and a repeat would be even more tragic!

Man of Honour
i say we just vote for vagner :p would there be a bigger slap to the face of simon cowell?

At least some of the songs listed here are worth listening to.

I liked the rage approach last year, but subjecting ourselves to Wagner cannot be the answer.

Its bad enough those two ******** from last year are on telly doing ads, etc.

Soldato
i say we just vote for vagner :p would there be a bigger slap to the face of simon cowell?

What gives you the impreesion Simon Cowell is bothered if Wagner wins? He doesn't care and would love a massive interent campaign getting loads of people who don't normally vote picking up the phone. The X-Factor is about making money and if all the nerds on the internet start spending their hard earned cash on voting the Cowell will be laughing all the way to the bank, just like Sony were when some idiot picked a band signed to their label to use as the anti X-Factor song!

Back
Top Bottom