Minecraft OCuK Forum Members Server Thread

Associate
Entrance way to my "base" is almost finished :D

minecraft2p.jpg

Soldato
Can I ask something about this game?

Never used it before. Looks interesting. Could this be used, for example, in a school with a private server where the kids could build 'something'? And that it could be returned to over a number of weeks etc?

Caporegime
Can I ask something about this game?

Never used it before. Looks interesting. Could this be used, for example, in a school with a private server where the kids could build 'something'? And that it could be returned to over a number of weeks etc?

To be honest...even the free version would be good enough for that?

Although, can you download the server client without being a premium member? Can't remember :p

EDIT: We actually have this blocked in our school, for obvious reasons

Caporegime
What would they be? I don't know a lot about the game other than you can build with other people.

Its just that, a game :p

You could also potentially spell out numerous rude words / draw rude things using the blocks.

So I guess it'll have to be monitored

Oh, and you can also have a playerskin, so that could be deemed unsuitable as well

Caporegime
I see! I guess if it's brought in properly it could be pretty fantastic. Thanks.

Oh yes, could get some good things going on...Such as re-creating the school or something :p

But naturally, its a huge world (8 times the size of earth I think?) and you can pretty much build anything in blocks...

Naturally there are only certain textured blocks, but you could always mod the originals into other things

Soldato
Minecraft Update!
Nov 25 2010 17:02:56 by liv3d
There has been another server update today, but the current version of hMod causes the server to crash when digging!
However the guys in the hMod team are working on a fix to this now & you can still join/connect to a server with a newer client and digging works.

This is from multiplay support.

I'd avoid playing untill the servers been updated again or even until tomorrow when another fix is out ¬_¬

Soldato
if you want to know if you are on the whitelist or not, just try connect. If you are on the list you will connect, if you are not it will tell you.

Associate
Hey guys, I don't think I'm on the whitelist, but managed to connect anyway. All was quiet, no-one around. but I made a new hideout opposite 'Fort Hope', I should be around more after I finish some uni work.

Notch has released an intermediate patch to the recent bugs, and continuing to work on it tomorrow. I think it's pretty playable as long as you don't die.

My minecraft name is 'iamtakeo' and my avatar is the same as default, but with a bleeding nose and black eye.

Soldato
Hey guys, I don't think I'm on the whitelist, but managed to connect anyway. All was quiet, no-one around. but I made a new hideout opposite 'Fort Hope', I should be around more after I finish some uni work.

Notch has released an intermediate patch to the recent bugs, and continuing to work on it tomorrow. I think it's pretty playable as long as you don't die.

My minecraft name is 'iamtakeo' and my avatar is the same as default, but with a bleeding nose and black eye.

hi mate, that's my server you've logged into. We're back to using gars in the 1st post.

Back
Top Bottom