Euston a good place in London to stay?!

Soldato
I stayed at the Grafton (Radisson) which is right by Warren Street tube (about 5mins walk from Euston) last time I was down in London for work. Seemed ok and worked out cheaper than the Travelodge (otherwise they would have made me stay there).

Associate
Hey Rossi,

What dates were you looking for in Feb and what would you preferable budget be.

I currently work for a Hotel booking agency for the BBC and Films etc so I could check my database and throw some links and prices up once I know what dates you're after.

//Sashenka

Soldato
OP
Hmmm i'll check out the City Road Travelodge as its a few quid cheaper.

Hi Sashenka, i'm looking at staying 18th-20th of Feb 2011, so 2 nights really. I appreciate any help you can give!

Last edited:
Associate
Gaucho's Steakhouse!. My favourite steakhouse, the meat is just amazing! It can get expensive, but the fillet steak is £36 (Highly recommended!)

They have 7 or 8 around London, though the one at London bridge is good. Last time we got seats looking out over Tower Bridge at night.

Soldato
I always tend to chose Goodman over Gauchos. Less pretentious, better steak (in my opinion), better sides and it's only a 10 minute stroll from the City Road Travelodge. In terms of steak I'd probably rate it higher than Gauchos and Hawksmoor - I've not been to the Palm though, apparently it's nice, but a bit out of the way from where you're staying.

Soldato
OP
Hmmmm I see the Holiday Inn (Bloomsbury) is quite competitive, at £158 for the 2 nights.
Think i'm going to punt for this then as the reviews seem to be much better than that of the Travelodges in the area AND it includes breakfast! Woop!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just booked up to go back down to london for 3 nights with the girlfriend.

Went in early December last year when this was originally posted so I dont know if he will be sorted now but if not heres my two cents.

When we went down in December we stayed at the Kings Cross Travelodge and although it wasnt a bad location the hotel was certaintly nothing special but I suppose what can you expect for a travelodge!

We are going back down for 3 nights in the middle of Feb and after a few searches on the net I found a place in Westminster called Tune Hotels, It seems this is the first one to be opened in the country and the building itself is brand new inside and I have only read good reviews about the place. They are similar to Travelodge but owned by Air Asia I believe and the prices seem very good for what they call a 5 star service.

It cost us £165 for 3 nights (Wed to Sat) that was for a double room with a window (the luxury!).

As I say there is lots of really good reviews for this place since its opened last year so it might be worth a shout.

I will report back after our stay and let anyone who is interested know whats its like.

Thanks, Sam

Associate
I always tend to chose Goodman over Gauchos. Less pretentious, better steak (in my opinion), better sides and it's only a 10 minute stroll from the City Road Travelodge. In terms of steak I'd probably rate it higher than Gauchos and Hawksmoor - I've not been to the Palm though, apparently it's nice, but a bit out of the way from where you're staying.

I'll have to give Goodman a try sometime, thanks :)

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Can't comment on prices as I haven't lived there for 3 years now, but Euston's fine.
It's got very good transport links, walkable to St Pancras/King's Cross.

The City's not very far away, and neither is the West End.

Man of Honour
It doesnt really matter where you stay as long as its near a tube station. The places like Premier Inn, Ibis, etc etc are a waste of time in London - the point in those places is value and they dont offer value.

Go and look on lastminute.com at the 'Top Secret' places and book one of those - big savings and it's usually a Marriot, Hilton or similar. I tend to stay in a Hilton when I go to London and I've NEVER paid £100 a night.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the info Fox with the Top Secret hotels but you must have got some really good deals then as all the Top Secret ones come in over £100.

Will keep that in mind for next time I go though!

I still need to find a decent restaurant to go to!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom