What do you want for Christmas?

Soldato
Anyone else found that since getting a job (at 16/17/18) they've been unable to say what they want for Christmas? If I want something I just buy it myself :/

Soldato
Anyone else found that since getting a job (at 16/17/18) they've been unable to say what they want for Christmas? If I want something I just buy it myself :/

Yea since the age of about 17 my parents ask what i want for xmas and i can never answer. If i want something i just buy it. Im 21 now

Soldato

Same. Worked part-time/some full time since I was 13 But I've gone back to being a student now and it feels weird to wish for things for Christmas again (at 21)

Associate
Nothing I really want. As others have said it's a struggle to give anyone any idea of what you want for Christmas when you can buy what you want yourself at any time of the year. Money, if anything. My car needs a new timing belt which I don't have money for and I wouldn't mind upgrading my computer but I doubt I'll get that much and I wouldn't want people giving me that much money.

I think because my Xbox has played up so much over the last year or so I'm meant to be getting a new one as a joint present from two people but I'm not entirely sure about that yet.

I lost the excitement of Christmas years ago, I used to struggle to get to sleep on Christmas Eve, even if I was generally tired. But now I fall asleep instantly and then just grin and bear the next day hoping I haven't got someone something that they've already got/someone else is giving them. I've turned into a person who likes giving presents but dislikes receiving them at Christmas because I feel guilty that people have spent money on me.

Associate
I'm getting what I want if the mailman makes it through the snow; a coolermaster 690 II advanced! Granted I'm paying £60 toward it and relatives are paying £20 but I can't open it until christmas so I guess it counts as a present right? ;)

Soldato
OP
No tat. I hate getting useless rubbish that I then have to feel guilty about throwing out.

Exactly.

If there is something I want I will buy it. And if I haven't it's probably too expensive so I can't ask for it for Christmas.

Normally I would just ask for money, but the girlfriend is the hardest because obviously she has to buy me something 'special'.

Soldato
There isn't really anything I want for Christmas. Maybe just to have no snow so that all the family can get together and for everyone to have a good time. :)

Back
Top Bottom