** Official World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Thread **

Associate
Lots of people in the old thread and a couple in this saying ready for wednesday night.. I would like to point out that at 23:01 on MONDAY 6th you will be able to login to the new zones / create new races. :cool:

Soldato
Lots of people in the old thread and a couple in this saying ready for wednesday night.. I would like to point out that at 23:01 on MONDAY 6th you will be able to login to the new zones / create new races. :cool:

Can you explain more please as i though tuesday midnight was the time the servers go live ?

Man of Honour
Can you explain more please as i though tuesday midnight was the time the servers go live ?

No, he's right.

We will be able to play at 23:01 Monday UK time. As that is 00:01 CET, the 7th.

Blizzard just need to flip a switch to bring the zone barriers down and enable a few things, there wont be maintenances and such as you might expect.

Soldato
No, he's right.

We will be able to play at 23:01 Monday UK time. As that is 00:01 CET, the 7th.

Blizzard just need to flip a switch to bring the zone barriers down and enable a few things, there wont be maintenances and such as you might expect.

Sorry to sound stupid,so basically on Monday at 23:01<cataclysm will be completely live to play?

Associate
Yes. Lots of people seem to have misunderstood. I can only imagine its due to the servers usually being down for maintenance on wednesdays, but think about it, the 7th is tuesday so monday night at 11gmt we can play due to servers being located at CET time zones

Soldato
Im glad i got the Digital copy now then, as people with retail wont be able to play until there orders arrive on the Tuesday or Wednesday ,not that one day is going to make any difference

Most retailers say the game is in stock 6th so game should be with you on the 7th,so in theory the digital copy has a one day advantage:p

Last edited:
Soldato
Most retailers say the game is in stock 6th so game should be with you on the 7th,so in theory the digital copy has a one day advantage:p

12hr advantage, really. Assuming your postman can get through for 7th, that is. It makes little diffference to me since I'm wokring Monday & Tuesday, so as long as it's there waiting for me on Tuesday evening, I'll be happy.

Man of Honour
12hr advantage, really. Assuming your postman can get through for 7th, that is. It makes little diffference to me since I'm wokring Monday & Tuesday, so as long as it's there waiting for me on Tuesday evening, I'll be happy.

Some shops may start selling the game earlier on the 6th, it is easily possible.

Soldato
Dont do it! :( :p

kmufc77, the servers were fine at WoTLK launch. The only 'problem' was that some people were able to enter Northrend before others, not much else.

That wasn't a problem, they enabled WoTLK according to Russian time, since they are part of the EU servers, if they do the same this year too we should be able to play around 8PM like I was able to with WoTLK.

Man of Honour
That wasn't a problem, they enabled WoTLK according to Russian time, since they are part of the EU servers, if they do the same this year too we should be able to play around 8PM like I was able to with WoTLK.

You were able to, most people weren't, it was hit and miss.

It was hardly a big problem though.

Associate
Im glad i got the Digital copy now then, as people with retail wont be able to play until there orders arrive on the Tuesday or Wednesday ,not that one day is going to make any difference

Possibly true, however my pre-order actually arrived this morning, which surprised me a bit! However, it was ordered with a company who have never failed to deliver pre-orders on time, most arriving the day before :)

Soldato
i was expecting OCUK to get the game to me on the 6th to install on Monday night ready for midnight.

ill never order a game from them again!! :mad:

Associate
Il be up waiting, got my self the digital download, which i believe, is already downloaded some of it ready :D

Just need a bloody decent 25man guild lol

Back
Top Bottom