Robocain - Robocop 2 robot

Soldato
Get everything working and then install a second screen last minute? Wouldn't be anywhere near as special as it could be with a fully working screen ;)

Associate
OP
Indeed, the oh so small world of the internet! I've moved back to LB recently so we'll have to catch up with a frothy beverage soon :cool:

will do buddy :)

Ok quick update, ive been working away on the leg

knee pad

DSC09464.JPG

ankle bit

DSC09476.JPG

another bit, just a straight copy

DSC09477.JPG

glad thats done

DSC09478.JPG

Associate
OP
more leg

DSC09479.JPG

The little shock absorbers were made from 4 pieces, the cylinder with a U shaped piece on each end. I have now remade using 2 pieces, from one piece of bar.

DSC09480.JPG

glad all this is done

DSC09482.JPG

Soldato
Had a bit of a set back, been working on getting the oled screen in place in the head and I think I must have danaged the ribbon cable on the botom of the screen as its started to fail. lines of the display are dropping out, no chance of sending it back as ive modified it somewhat now. So i've either got to spend ANOTHER £70 or forget the whole head thing, im scared even if I get another I might screw that up too :(

Is there no chance you could fix the ribbon cable? Or maybe someone on here who is into electronics could help you out.

Don't lose the screen from the project though, it looked amazing.

Associate
OP
ribbon cable has aparently got a tiny circuit on it, its this that might be damaged, I have another unit on is way.

Feet

DSC09509.JPG

these were a pain but finally I have a set of 4

DSC09513.JPG

again I wasnt happy with the 1st back of the foot I made so using that as a template I made 2 new ones out of a single piece of delrin. Also the little pistons were ally rod with a styrene U shape. I have now remade both side using a solid piece for each half of the piston.

DSC09546.JPG

all together now

DSC09547.JPG

Same again here, using the styrene as a prototype I machined a new set using delrin.

DSC09548.JPG

Back
Top Bottom