***SPOILERS*** Football 11th-13th Dec '10

Caporegime
Eh? I'm talking about Nani not Nasri you tool :p

Oh well, argument still stands to be honest, Portugal stopped playing some truly rubbish players, quaresma is it finally had his final shot and everyones given up on him being good :p AS for Club, its Nani or, Bebe :p

why the hell did you switch subjects halfway through the post?

Edited in wrong place

Soldato
Siclancy

I will donate £10 whole English pounds to the respective charity of their choice if @glen_johnson, @LucasLeiva87 or @RyanBabel .......

.....if they rub their own faces maniacally when they next score for Liverpool in the manner of their own manager at Newcastle.

:D

Associate
Siclancy

I will donate £10 whole English pounds to the respective charity of their choice if @glen_johnson, @LucasLeiva87 or @RyanBabel .......

.....if they rub their own faces maniacally when they next score for Liverpool in the manner of their own manager at Newcastle.

:D

HaHa its like he is on fast forward. I do feel sorry for him, maybe he is out of his depth, but he has got a lot of rubbish at his disposal, and just 2 good players, with one a sick note and the other not interested its not an ideal situation.

Soldato
Just got back from the game and I got to say that Rafael was immense tonight. He had the attitude that nothing was going to get past him. At one time he was goading Nasri to take him and he wouldn't

Listening to the phone in tonight and it's funny people watching the game live compared to on the TV. Not to suggest either are right or wrong because thats what makes football so great. That said the amount of Arsenal fans moaning and bitching about the ref. Yet where we were, Arsenal were exactly the same in the first half an hour

Shavinarse was in and out and god bless little Napolean Wiltshere, proper small mans complex tonight.

Again Radio and TV vs Live football are too different games. Radio 5 and Talk Sport eulogising about Carrick. I thought he was utter turd tonight. I am sure he should switch sports as he thinks it's illegal to play a forward pass.

Honorary Comedy mention to Le Professor moaning about the state of the pitch tonight. For this time of year it was in good nick.

Caporegime
I was comparing to Hernandez, who has under 4 months experience.......and farrrr fewer appearances this season

Look at the post i quoted, we were talking about Anderson then.

And yes, well done. I love how you've compared a striker and a winger and just decided that one is ***** because he hasn't scored as much as someone who is on the pitch to do just that.

Soldato
Hello everybody!! Back from the pub.

Arsenal never looked like scoring ,apart from when VDS decided to pat the ball back to Chamakh, Vidic and Ferdinand looked unbelievably comfortably. Rafael looked rather good as well, "potential to be a leading premisership star" rings a bell :p

Caporegime
Meh what a rubbish performance from Arsenal...we arent going to win FA playing like we did tonight and rightly so...shameful and woeful by Arsenal...offered nothing going forward...just glad we got beat by one goal lol.

Oh well hopefully snatch 3 pts against Stoke on Sat coming up and hopefully Utd lose against Chelski on Sunday.

Caporegime
Hmm, checking chalk board, Arsenal had, higher pass completion rates, with not far off 100 more passes(but only 3 more unsuccessful passes), 11 shots, 4 shots on target(though I think those were all tame as shots, Nani's offtarget ones, and Rooney's were actually dangerous. We had a better tackle completion rate won 1 less tackle, lost 5 less tackles, we won 11 fouls and conceded 17. Song had 5 fouls count against him, 2 unsuccessful tackles and one tackle one, added altogether thats essentially 1 tackle won, 7 lost of which 5 were called fouls. When you look at his pass distribution, anything from central midfield trying to go forwards, was useless, constant sideways easy passing bumping up his very not impressive pass completion rate. Thats of course excluding the fact he got away with 2 or 3 awful sliding in from miles away tackles and the very slight, but very deliberate leg left out behind him to catch Fletcher(which should have been a yellow on its own, and we're lucky as there was a massive whole in the defence behind him). I literally have no clue how he didn't get sent off, nor got more fouls against him, and most ridiculous not getting a yellow in the first half.

Player for player, theres not many people who had a good pass completion rate, best on the field seems like Squillaci by a country mile.

Interceptions, 11 for UTd, 25 for Arsenal, which pretty much backs up the impression that Utd kept giving the ball away and Arsenal did aswell though it was more focused to a few players for Arsenal, Sagna gave away the ball more than anyone, Song was very poor in anything attacking.

Basically both teams utter rubbish, and couldn't hold onto the ball, with very poor pass completion vs other games.

AS for Fabregas having done nothing as someone said, he had similar pass completion as the others(rosicky, Nasri, Song, etc) and made almost half the amount of passes Nasri/Song made despite being on the pitch for 1/3rd the amount of time.

Stats wise anyway, both teams were pretty shocking, no one stood out today, Utd's defence was only good by way of Arsenal creating nothing of note, largely because we passed SO badly and were SO slow getting forward. Utds' defenders passing stats are as horrible as ours, and worse than Squillaci's.

The first half especially for both teams was shockingly poor quality, honestly I've never seen BOTH teams play so badly before. Either both are good and cancel each other out, or one is bad and one thrashes the other, but both just shockingly poor, largely unforced errors from simply terrible passing.

Soldato
And yes, well done. I love how you've compared a striker and a winger and just decided that one is ***** because he hasn't scored as much as someone who is on the pitch to do just that.

Given the relative experience levels, yes I think it is a very valid comparison

Nani is VERY wasteful - hey even Park has scored as many goals as Nani this season with fewer appearances (and Park doesnt get into the box anywhere near as much as Nani in any particular game)

Nani cant even (seriously) be given the assist for last night, as without the massive deflection from the arsenal boot, it wouldnt have happened in the first place

As a club Utd should be after better quality/ more reliable

i think rooney def needs barbatov to play along side him. he did not very much all game, were as the previous 2 with berbatov he had 2 great games.

that doesnt explain the COMPLETE and Utter foul up for the penalty though - I really thought that would come back to bite Utd, fortunately the defence stood firm (for once lol)

I cant see Rooney and Berba starting together at the Bridge on Sunday - so most likely will be home to Sunderland on boxing day will be first chance of them starting together

Last edited:
Soldato
Nani cant even (seriously) be given the assist for last night, as without the massive deflection from the arsenal boot, it wouldnt have happened in the first place

Rubbish, if a player passes to a team mate on the half way line and then that player runs the remainder of the pitch an puts it in the back of the net would the player who passes it to him to begin with not be given the assist?

Not all assists are as simple as a cross from wide onto someone's head who puts it in the back of the net. It was Nani's cross which albeit was deflected that setup the chance for Park to score, had Nani not crossed it then Park wouldn't of headed it simples

As a club Utd should be after better quality/ more reliable

Ronaldo & Messi apart who should United have on the right then? For all of his consistency with the quality of his crosses Valencia doesn't have the match winning ability that Nani has for example the goal Nani scored against Spurs last season when he chipped the keeper, Valencia would never score a goal like that.

I cant see Rooney and Berba starting together at the Bridge on Sunday - so most likely will be home to Sunderland on boxing day will be first chance of them starting together

Chelsea struggled against us in the Community Shield when we played 4-4-2 and they struggled at home against Sunderland when they played 4-4-2. Fergie should play both Rooney & Berba from the start on Sunday!

Associate
Just got back from the game and I got to say that Rafael was immense tonight. He had the attitude that nothing was going to get past him. At one time he was goading Nasri to take him and he wouldn't

Listening to the phone in tonight and it's funny people watching the game live compared to on the TV. Not to suggest either are right or wrong because thats what makes football so great. That said the amount of Arsenal fans moaning and bitching about the ref. Yet where we were, Arsenal were exactly the same in the first half an hour

Shavinarse was in and out and god bless little Napolean Wiltshere, proper small mans complex tonight.

Again Radio and TV vs Live football are too different games. Radio 5 and Talk Sport eulogising about Carrick. I thought he was utter turd tonight. I am sure he should switch sports as he thinks it's illegal to play a forward pass.

Honorary Comedy mention to Le Professor moaning about the state of the pitch tonight. For this time of year it was in good nick.

I totally agree!

I was at the game tonight as well, I actually thought Evra was rubbish but suprised to see that people think he played well on here, he offered nothing going forward at all infact he ran to the corner and gave the ball away every time. For a left back who's touted as being one of the best in the world his forward play is totally wasteful and he can't cross to save his life!

Best players imo were:
Anderson
Rafael
Rooney (apart from the pen)

Nani was fustrating as always BUT 1 assist + he won a pen = brilliant!

It wasn't a great game for the neutral but I really enjoyed it, we may not be playing well and people can say what they want about our team...that it's the worst united side they've seen but we're top of the league with a game in hand.... bring on number 19!!!!

Soldato
Pretty random game last night, mostly scrappy and not much quality from anybody (similar to the Chelsea/Spurs game in that respect). The most impressive thing from Arsenal was the team defending as one, and pretty well, United were limited to a few chances and the midfield were tracking back as well as I've seen recently and also not afraid to make a few challenges. That said, they weren't potent enough. Not sure if that's because of a lack of Fabregas and Van Persie, but Wenger needs to sort that out. Was also clear that Cesc wasn't fit when he came on, would rather have left him off and put Nasri in the middle, he looked dangerous there when he drifted infield.

Associate
Rubbish, if a player passes to a team mate on the half way line and then that player runs the remainder of the pitch an puts it in the back of the net would the player who passes it to him to begin with not be given the assist?

Not all assists are as simple as a cross from wide onto someone's head who puts it in the back of the net. It was Nani's cross which albeit was deflected that setup the chance for Park to score, had Nani not crossed it then Park wouldn't of headed it simples.

I agree that Nani probably should get an assist for last night. However, your first example isn't necessarily true, it would depend on the circumstances.

If, for example, Anderson played a through ball from the halfway line to Rooney, who takes a couple of touches and buries it, then yes that's an assist. But if Rooney had to take several touches and go past a couple of defenders before scoring, then I would say there is no assist there.

Maybe the OT groundsman should come and get tips from the Emirates guys then, Arsenal pitches are top notch all year round.

Last edited:
Soldato
We have no wingers at our club! Chamakh is the only one that 'supposedly' has aerial talent so we don't have much to aim at. Sagna and clichy are usually the ones that put the crosses in, meaning we're usually there for the taking on the counter!

Then you need to invest in a couple. United simply packed the midfield and that was that - Arsenal are so narrow it's easy.

United had both options, and if the full backs moved out to counter it then there were gaps left, and if they went through the middle it left gaps out wide.

Then again I think Arsenal are also short of a good first choice keeper and another centre back. Also there's not a lot of cover for Fabregas or RvP, both of whom seem to be made of thin sheet glass. Wenger's certainly built the bones of a good team, but injuries can (and often do) ruin your season.

Back
Top Bottom