• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are even the cheapest GPUs okay for windows 7 aero?

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Hi,

As topic really - currently got a second PC with an old nail of a graphics card that is really letting the rest of the setup (2.4 @ 3.6 Q6600) down. It only gets used for internet and word/excel etc. but it'd be goodif windows aero was nice and smooth and I could turn the animations etc. back on.

Would something like the ATI 4350 do it or are they too low powered?

Edit - or the 5450 http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-118-HT&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=168 ?

Ste

Ste

Soldato
OP
Thanks all. I realise it'll work but it was a smooth/fluid experience I was after. I think the money would be better spent on a second hand 8800GT or something for about 30-40 quid, what do you think? I don't need any of features on the newer cards (eyefinity, HDMI, DX11, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom