The SFF Case Gallery And Specs Thread

Soldato
Lian Li V354R
Nothing special but just finished cramming the PC in there even with a modular PSU its a right PITA!

IMG_2386.JPG

IMG_2389.JPG

Associate
Lian Li V354R
Nothing special but just finished cramming the PC in there even with a modular PSU its a right PITA!

IMG_2386.JPG

IMG_2389.JPG

Nice mate, I have the Lian Li Q06 test bench case, i might get the Q08!

What cooler are you using, did you find any issues finding a cooler to fit into the case? Because i had the Q07 and that was a pain in the arse!

Last edited:
Associate
Nice mate, I have the Lian Li Q06 test bench case, i might get the Q08!

What cooler are you using, did you find any issues finding a cooler to fit into the case? Because i had the Q07 and that was a pain in the arse!

I've got a TRUE120 in the V354 so really the answer is no, you can pretty much fit anything in there. Its only Rads that you'll struggle with :)

Soldato
Nah no modding was required for the heatsink to fit at all, just had to make sure I put the heatsinks and fan on last thats all which thermalright did a great job in providing nice screw driver.

Apart from the window and mesh mod, the other parts I had to hack at with my dremel was the 5.25 bay as that was where all the wires primarily focused on with sata cables, power connections and the pico psu. So really not too bad to make everything fit to be honest.

What mesh mod have you done? Iv been thinking of sticking a window in mine for ages. After seeing yours i might just do it. Iv got a 2nd drive at the bottom of mine though so cables are alittle messier. Iv had a rear plate made to cover the hole where the PSU would have gone.

IMG_3338copy.jpg

Associate
Form Factor: mATX
Manufacturer: Antec ****
CPU: p4 3ghz
RAM: 2x1g ddr2
HDD(s): 500g deathstar
GFX: on board
Speed 3ghz
Temps:na

Associate
Form Factor: ATX
Manufacturer:Fractal Design R3
CPU:Intel Core i3 540
RAM:4GB Corsair
1 x Patriot Inferno 60GB SSD
HDD(s):8 x 2TB Western Digital Caviar Greens
GFX:ATI Radeon 5570 1GB fanless
1 x LSI Megaraid 8308ELP 8 Port Sata Raid Controller (with BBU)
Asus Xonar HDAV1.3

Would love a small case i could fit all this in but i don't think it's going to happen :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Lain Li V354 Will fit that lot no problem!

Its got 7 3.5inch Drive Bays and if you used a laptop/slimline DVD drive you can fit another in there then the SSD I would velcrotape to the Base of the case rest will fit no problem On an MATX case that is!

Soldato
I got a 640gb and 1.5tb western digital green's hard drive's and cannot hear them at all.

The drive cage has rubber gromits fitted and its own set of screws to keep them quiet!

Associate
I was thinking about buying a laptop for my room at the military base. While looking at some high end laptops like Alienware, I thought why not build a cheaper and way faster mini-itx gaming system :D

I got an e-mail that my order was complete, hurray!
I picked up the parts and assembled the system.

The parts:

1zb88xu.jpg

The Intel DH67CF board with ram and cooler installed:

30bjpes.jpg

The board installed in the SG07 chassis:

14kimbl.jpg

Wow, the HD6950 is huge and heavy, I had some trouble installing this beast. The power connectors are on top of the card and press against the top of the chassis. This puts a lot of pressure on the PCI slot and motherboard making it bend downwards, not good. I solved this problem by putting a piece of hard foam between the card and the bottom of the chassis to support it and relieve pressure from the motherboard:

4ui54o.jpg

And here is the case fully assembled:

2z8rx95.jpg

Specs:

Intel DH67CF
Intel Sandy bridge I7-2600
Corsair XMS3 8GB
Corsair Force 120GB SSD
Sapphire HD6950 2GB
Sony optical drive
Silverstone SG07

Everyting stock atm, maybe I will flash the 6950 to 6970 later.

I installed Windows7 ultimate on the SSD, boot time is superfast, around 5 seconds. My other system with an intel postville SSD boots in 11 seconds. This suprised me a lot.

Windows rating:

30tnqzs.jpg

3DMark:

6ztp93.jpg

Idle temps around 30 and under load around 60 degrees with fan speed on low:

2nkruwn.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice setup you have there Remko and excellent first post! I just caved in and ordered that board and a 2500k. I was waiting for the Asus P8H67-I to come out but I am planning on swapping boards once the Z68 ITX ones are out anyway so it doesn't really matter. This looks like a good solid little board!

Associate
It's about time I posted mine here. It's an i5 750, Gigabyte H55-N-USB3 and Lian Li Q11B combo. I was going to build a sandy bridge machine, but a combination of the sata problems and this board + cpu appearing on the MM made me change my mind.

dsc_9150_thumb.jpg

dsc_9152_thumb.jpg

More here: davidflett.co.uk

Soldato
Silverstone appear to be a popular brand of SSF cases.

Has anyone put a Sandybridge powered system into a Sugo SG04 yet, as if so I will be interested to hear your experiences, as that is the path I shall be going down shortly.

Thanks! :)

(I will list the full specs of my proposed build if it would be of any interest.)

Soldato
It is actually more of a desktop replacement than a HTPC, and is a 'shape' I rather like.

My last couple of PC's have been Shuttles, but I rather fancied building a Sandy Bridge based system this time, and also wanted at least one additional expansion slot. I am certainly not a fan of large tower cases though, so have been looking at more compact alternatives, such as the SG04.

The idea of putting the whole 'box' together myself again, which I did for many years during my 'pre-shuttle' phase, also greatly appeals to me.

Associate
Pandora's Box

Hi all,

Info and bring some photos recently completed another project, originally I wanted to go to a new SB i7 2600 and H67-ITX , but we all know how it went with SATA II ports - Google Translation :)

Lian Li PC-Q08B
Zotac H55
Core i7 860
8GB OCZ 1333
Seasonic X-660 GOLD
EVGA GTX 570
Intel SSD 80GB
5.25” optical drive
4 x 3.5" HDD
CoolIT Vantage ALC Universal

the tests have not yet been time
Idle consumption - 96 Watt