***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Associate
w00t, just got the 1 million credits for the GTR Special event, took me 4 goes although the first 2 were because I wasn't sure if it stacked or not so got 6th in the first one, then 4th just to confirm, then went for the win but was 2 seconds off, couple more tweaks to the car and got 1st \o/

Best bit is I had the GT-R Concept from winning something or other so it only cost me ~70k credits in tuning :)

The rest of the events I need to buy cars for though :( :p

I came second on my first attempt. By 0.090s :mad: Won it second time out mind :p

So I've won all those Seasonal Challenges. Now what? :p

Associate
Trying the rally events again. 2 seconds slower than the 3rd place car. I was wtf'ing until I realised I'd forgotten to turn off traction control and other assists. Now I'm 2 seconds faster than the lead car :D

edit: Ugh, I see the dumb 4 second penalties for the slightest little touch of a barrier are still in from GT4.

edit2: ... I got +5 that time. I hate rally. Most definitely in last place now :(

Last edited:
Associate
Omg GT All Stars B Spec, that 787b Mazda is crazy fast, he just cant catch him, my guy is in the Chap 70's 2J race car.
B Spec overtaking is awful and your guy will always leave someone overtake him !!
Not exactly fair is it?

Soldato
So i will finally have this on Saturday (Xmas Day for people who may of forgotten) However it would appear im going to be stuck waiting for patches/installs and more patches Why must it tease me damit!!! /rant over

:D First thought was that it must be your birthday, forgot about xmas until you said:D

Associate
Anyone in need of a NASCAR? I have 3 :p What have you got in return?

I could use one too; Will see if I've got anything of interest after this race... seems you can't view your garage on the web page :s

Edit:
Caterham Firebird 02?
Pug 205?
Mitsu CZ-3 Tarmac?

Haven't really bought a lot of cars; so only really got what I've won, which i presume you'll already have :p

Last edited:
Soldato
How do you increase a cars torque?... i.e from starting grid?

Ive noticed that a 800BHP car v a 500BHP doesnt mean the 800BHP is faster and better etc.... whats the factors to this, car weight?

How do you keep a cars lights on? Only holding R1 does this ??

Soldato
Hmm, note to all, don't do an oil change on the fiat 500 after buying it for the first seasonal event as that'll give you 66bhp, 1 more than the limit :mad:

LOL! I did this with a RX8 I bought for the new time trial. Spent thousands on transmission and suspension and thought an oil change would take it from 240 to about 246. It took up to 253... :mad:

Soldato
How do you increase a cars torque?... i.e from starting grid?

Ive noticed that a 800BHP car v a 500BHP doesnt mean the 800BHP is faster and better etc.... whats the factors to this, car weight?

How do you keep a cars lights on? Only holding R1 does this ??

Yes, Power to Weight Ratio is key. So don't forget to do the weight reduction upgrades as well as the power ones.

Using the adjustable transmission and lowering the top speed should increase acceleration.

Associate
OMG, the Nurburgring GP/F event in B-Spec mode with the Formula GT is beyond infuriating. Barely winning on lap 26/30. The bleeding tard keeps spinning the car at the chicane right at the end, some times as much as 4 complete 360 spins :mad:

Soldato
w00t, just got the 1 million credits for the GTR Special event, took me 4 goes although the first 2 were because I wasn't sure if it stacked or not so got 6th in the first one, then 4th just to confirm, then went for the win but was 2 seconds off, couple more tweaks to the car and got 1st \o/

How may times can you win the million? im guessing once :D

Back
Top Bottom