• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel i5 2500k on sale?

Associate
given this is dual channel i guess that means we're back down to a realistic max of 8GB then? also there don't seem to be any 6-core models listed. seems like a step back in terms of raw speed and flexibility for the sake of a few extra features to me.

Soldato
given this is dual channel i guess that means we're back down to a realistic max of 8GB then? also there don't seem to be any 6-core models listed. seems like a step back in terms of raw speed and flexibility for the sake of a few extra features to me.

8GB dimms are pretty cheap now compared to what they were....

16GB really if you can 'cough up' the extra.

Soldato
50x100 5Ghz (100mhz bus speed) but what about qpi link ? could be less than 2000mhz ?

Sandybridge is very interesting, I might look out for i7 2600K as these can do 5ghz with gtx260 graphic card, mega air cooler. But performance could less than i7 920d0 for gaming ?

Soldato
50x100 5Ghz (100mhz bus speed) but what about qpi link ? could be less than 2000mhz ?

Sandybridge is very interesting, I might look out for i7 2600K as these can do 5ghz with gtx260 graphic card, mega air cooler. But performance could less than i7 920d0 for gaming ?

Jesus bulldog, I will personally prevent you from buying sandybridge until you upgrade that GFX card!

Back
Top Bottom