• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sandy Bridge or wait for Haswell?

Soldato
That won't stop the thief from removing the HD and using some form of hardware recovery, to get the data off the HD.

Well being a business laptop the hard drive will be encrypted of course. It was more to point out that the technology is nothing new & certainly not a 'kill switch' as you call it built into the processor hardware.

Associate
Error_Messagelol.png

Ugh you're so pathetic. But that made me laugh, i'm angry at myself :(

Associate
OP
Si105 thats what it's ment to do, make you laugh. Well it's no more pathetic than raikesi lol rant. You would then understand why I did that.

As this is about the sandy bridge kill switch, it's quite serious, so i though i would lighten things up a bit.

Anyway not long now and the new kill switch, i mean, sandy bridge will be released soon. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
As this is about the sandy bridge kill switch, it's quite serious, so i though i would lighten things up a bit.

Anyway not long now and the new kill switch, i mean, sandy bridge will be released soon.

For god sake the CPU does not have a kill switch how many times do you have to be told?

PCZ

PCZ

Associate
Blimey!!
How many times will core2core need to be told that the 'kill switch' is integrated into certain chipsets aimed at business users and NOT IN THE CPU

Associate
While there's no one at intel thinking that, there's probably quite a few on the OCUK forums who are by now! :p;)

Yes indeed. The most annoying thing is that his stupid spreads to others. Intel should put a kill switch on his CPU and let me press the switch for bringing them this negative publicity :p

Caporegime
Blimey!!
How many times will core2core need to be told that the 'kill switch' is integrated into certain chipsets aimed at business users and NOT IN THE CPU

That may have been true up until now but don't forget LGA1156/LGA1155 are unique platforms in that they don't really have any chipset because all of the typical northbridge functions were moved onto the CPU.

So will it be on a separate chip on specific business orientated motherboards? or lying dormant inside every LGA1155 CPU unless enabled? if the latter then this remains my concern:

Link
Do you like the sound of a laptop you can shut down remotely, or are you worried about what could happen if ne'er-do-wells figure out how to maliciously activate the new security protocols in Sandy Bridge systems?

Last edited:
Associate
The fact is if my CPU ever shuts down my PC from any kind of security measure it's going back to the shop it came from.

Intel would never be so stupid as to allow it to be "cracked/hacked" into...

It's not even a concern for us users.

Associate
OP
So with all the reviews going live is there any news on the KILL SWITCH ?
mwhahahahahaha :p

Well we will have to wait and see won't we. Now that sandy bridge is out, sort of, let us know what options are in the bios for this kill switch, or anti theft.

Btw I did get a reply from one of the intel partners. Basically it is true, when used with i5/i7 Sandy Bridge and a Q67. Features of vPro

Let us know about the bios options.

Last edited:
Associate
like mission impossible, you get a message that comes up saying this pc will self destruct in 5,4,3

/jumps behind sofa

lol, the more I read the more I laugh :D

What about Sandy Bridge or wait for rockwell or waterwell :D

On topic: upgrade only if you need the extra performance.

Back
Top Bottom