Which html editor?

Associate
Alright not really...I'm looking for a wysiwyg editor :o Don't kill me :D

I tried the Amaya editor which is perfect except one thing. I cannot choose other fonts other than Arial, Courier and Times! I can't figure out how to use my system fonts such as Verdana etc.

What's another good alternative that's similar in user interface to Amaya? Like a Word processor interface :p

Soldato
Proof, if ever you needed it that the majority of people employ a fire and forget posting methodology.

To be honest though, it's really not hard to change the fonts of elements when you learn how to style things. Even your WYSIWYG editor will have to put Arial or similar in the code, so just find where it has done that and modify.

Soldato
"Can anyone recommend me a good plumber?"
"Is there any reason why you don't fix your pipes yourself?"
"I don't know how to. I'd like to use a plumber."
"Good opportunity to learn how to fix them yourself then!!! It'll be fun!!!"

Soldato
"Can anyone recommend me a good plumber?"
"Is there any reason why you don't fix your pipes yourself?"
"I don't know how to. I'd like to use a plumber."
"Good opportunity to learn how to fix them yourself then!!! It'll be fun!!!"

Bad analogy: fixing pipes is an inconvenient necessity, while building a website involves a desire to create (probably; if not then yeah, you're right), so it's worth investing the time to do it properly oneself, right?

Associate
i got beta access to BuildorPro which looks awesome for what you want (although i haven't really played with it yet):
http://buildorpro.com/

You basically build a website in a browser so you know that the markup will work. Do not know if they are still giving keys though.

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
Alright not really...I'm looking for a wysiwyg editor :o Don't kill me :D

I tried the Amaya editor which is perfect except one thing. I cannot choose other fonts other than Arial, Courier and Times! I can't figure out how to use my system fonts such as Verdana etc.

What's another good alternative that's similar in user interface to Amaya? Like a Word processor interface :p

Do you mean in your html documents?

Associate
OP
lol never expected that many replies...but half expected what kind of responses I'd get :D

I know WYSIWYG editors are frowned upon. I never said I wanted to become a html or web programmer or planned to learn it; was something I could throw something up fast as possible. I wish I could learn everything I can but that would get me sidetracked in everything I do. I think there's a use for everything for everyone regardless of whether how basic or dumbed down it is to you :p

Thanks for the recommendations :)

Back
Top Bottom