• Hardcore Rush Mode

Votes: 222 15.4%
  • Normal Conquest

Votes: 507 35.2%
  • Hardcore Conquest

Votes: 229 15.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
The stats in this are broken... my Vietnam stats for the 'Thumper' grenade launcher, which I know full well I haven't got many kills with, are...

110 kills
1840 shots fired
1h 24m

Is it even possible to fire it 1840 times in 1h 24m :D I'm sure it isn't.

edit - ah it is using the stats from the grenade launcher in vanilla BC2, I would have expected it to treat the Vietnam launcher as a separate weapon but it doesn't.

Yeah major issue with this game atm I can't even log in at this time of night

Soldato
The issue is how stupidly accurate it is. Adding sights was plain dumb when the weapon can out shoot sniper rifles because of its complete lack of bullet physics.

Whilst I agree, its not just the m14 thats the culprit here. All the guns have pretty retarded bullet physics bar the sniper rifles.

You can pick people off from miles away with an uzi, the main problem is how much damage the m14 does. Its as powerfull as a sniper rifle, but shoots like a laser beam :p

I like the m14, and the m3 and the g3. Its cons are slower rates of fire and small clip size. I think its good that you can add sights to them, especialy as the m14 is modded with a picatinny rail.

Man of Honour
That's just not true, gear makes very little difference.

Bad workman blames his tools and all that.

I figured I would get at least one person who would have that attitude, even threw in a bad player insult to boot in true anonymous internet fashion :)

However , as this very thread regarding certain weapons in the last few pages shows, there evidently is indeed a difference and its certainly a difference from bf1942. Personal taste though and all that.

Soldato

I can see what your saying, it is a different experience from previous battlefield titles. I still think map and gameplay wise BF2 is better.

Weapons wise, the guns you start with are fine. The second assault unlock for example is one of the best guns that you can unlock with a small ammount of play.

It can seem unfair when your using the basic kit and people are killing you with guns you cant use yet, but once you get all the guns you will realise there is fairly little difference between them.

Man of Honour
I can see what your saying, it is a different experience from previous battlefield titles. I still think map and gameplay wise BF2 is better.

Weapons wise, the guns you start with are fine. The second assault unlock for example is one of the best guns that you can unlock with a small ammount of play.

It can seem unfair when your using the basic kit and people are killing you with guns you cant use yet, but once you get all the guns you will realise there is fairly little difference between them.

I do quite like the maps, although I do still prefer the huge maps from bf1942, they were just huge. I do find sometimes the bc2 maps to be a little small and restricted, which further serves to emphasize the breakneck pace of the gameplay (though I accept a lot of gamers like that rapid gamestyle) though I do like the content of the bc2 maps.

As I say, its all down to personal preference, I simply prefer the even playing field of bf1942 where everyone has the same gear. Don't get me wrong, before anyone gets all defensive that I dare have a less than stellar opinion of the game, I like bc2 , as I said above its a decent modern shooter, its just not quite as good as I initally thought when I started playing and not as good as bf1942 imo. Note I am not saying its a poor or bad game.

Last edited:

CSA

CSA

Associate
I do quite like the maps, although I do still prefer the huge maps from bf1942, they were just huge. I do find sometimes the bc2 maps to be a little small and restricted, which further serves to emphasize the breakneck pace of the gameplay (though I accept a lot of gamers like that rapid gamestyle) though I do like the content of the bc2 maps.

As I say, its all down to personal preference, I simply prefer the even playing field of bf1942 where everyone has the same gear. Don't get me wrong, before anyone gets all defensive that I dare have a less than stellar opinion of the game, I like bc2 , as I said above its a decent modern shooter, its just not quite as good as I initally thought when I started playing and not as good as bf1942 imo. Note I am not saying its a poor or bad game.

I totally agree with that, the scale of the 1942 suited me better than the smaller maps of todays modern games,that said the VIP 7 maps seem a lot larger so im enjoying them a lot atm , i really want BF1942 v2 :D

Soldato

I wasnt getting defensive there, and I know your not saying its a bad game.

As I already said, I think Battlefield 2 is better than Bad Company 2. I prefer big wide open maps which are sparse in this game.

Man of Honour
I wasnt getting defensive there, and I know your not saying its a bad game.

As I already said, I think Battlefield 2 is better than Bad Company 2. I prefer big wide open maps which are sparse in this game.

No no, I know you werent, I couldnt have said "before" if someone already had, it was a pre-emptive before, in case anyone came along who did :)

Back
Top Bottom