*** The 2010 Gym Rats Thread ***

Man of Honour
^ nice deadlifting! Maybe try some grip training?

Anyone training today? Dragged myself out of bed to go to one of the only gyms near me thats open. This is either very sad or very dedicated...:o:D

Caporegime
I've caught the plague on Christmas eve :(

I was really looking forward to today's back session, too. I broke my squat PB on Monday, broke my bench PB on Wednesday (finally passed 100kg to 110kg!! :D) and really felt confident I'd break my deadlift PB today, but alas I have next to no energy (barely made it to work) and feel like I've been repeatedly kicked in the face :(

Soldato
Found this and figured some people might find it motivational or possibly even moving.

Not the best time to post with people ill, injured and most gyms closed! but you should be raring to go when they re-open :D

Another more BB orientated one.

Last edited:

hux

hux

Soldato
Well that's it for four days, next session will be tuesday, i should be climbing the walls by then.

I don't know about you guys, but i don't plan on cheating much. I have however gone from a 3x8 to 5x5 as things hit a plateau along with throwing down some bcaa's and it's kickstarted things off nicely, hitting pb's easily in my last session, strength was up fatigue was down.

Just wondering, do many of you get much negativity for bb'ing, i can only put it down to jealousy but im hoping perhaps you guys know different, getting a bit fedup with it tbh though i have no intentions of ever stopping.

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Theres a bodybuilding comp taking place in Dunstable next year.

Quite a few lads in my gym entering. Should be interesting. Few of them need to realise theres more to it then arms and chest though :D

Soldato
Just wondering, do many of you get much negativity for bb'ing, i can only put it down to jealousy but im hoping perhaps you guys know different, getting a bit fedup with it tbh though i have no intentions of ever stopping.

a lot of people don't understand it at all and just believe its a vein pointless thing to do. They also under estimate how hard it is despite whether you juice or not.

Quite a few lads in my gym entering. Should be interesting. Few of them need to realise theres more to it then arms and chest though :D

Don't be silly! Kickbacks & curls will build a winning physique :p

Associate

To be fair I'd never understand this, I'd rather a wide back and wide shoulders as that makes you look ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND times more hench in a nightclub then just big arms and chest. Seriously.

Associate

I don't call myself a "bodybuilder" I train to look good. I don't compete and i don't eat a bodybuilding diet, I just like and need to look awesome. But more to the point I understand that, I get it all the time, steroids this and that. Funny thing is as I've stated here before I have horrendously low testosterone (5.1) since march so almost a year, so on low test I've built what I am at (15.5-16 st) Lean. No one believes me which is funny. Should be getting test sorted soon, endoencrologist says the test ain't going up and it's been damaged from the vast amounts of cortico-steroids for my condition. So with a bit of luck should pack on some more size haha.

Associate
managed pretty well with deadlifts today 150kg for 5 reps, really need to work on them though

squats at 100kg 1 rep max, bench at 100kg and deadlifts at 170kg squats and deadlifts terrible :O

have noticed quite a few people from my area on steroids having spoken to them, some of them aren't really that big either, 14 stone at 5'11 very lean must be possible do this naturally shame really as they train hard but in the wrong way, only chest shoulders biceps back, no legs at all and no deadlifts.

Man of Honour
Christmas eve gym time was pretty good. It was at a different gym that only had one proper rack which made it a little bit interesting considering there were 6 of us, plus some other people doing curlz and tandem bench/rows, but all told it was quite nice. The manager who was an old chap came round with some minced pies towards the end which was awesome. I didn't have any because I was fairly confident I would vomit if I washed down some Christmas-y goodness with some HC2PP, but it was still nice. We also found a mirror with a slight, erm, *volumising* curve which induced a pose down session :D

HST is going really well also, banged out all the weights without any problems. I will probably even end up increasing some of the final weights in the 10s.

hux

hux

Soldato
a lot of people don't understand it at all and just believe its a vein pointless thing to do. They also under estimate how hard it is despite whether you juice or not.

Well it's really odd, some guys at work give me respect for it, not verbally more by body language and how im treated, yet others are total opposite.

Sigh i really hate two faced people.

Right anyway eating is going to be interesting, way too much temptation, especially with everything closed, i might go mad on my protein, their new cookies look lurvley.

Etom, similar in my gym, only the bigger lads seem to touch legs. I love squats as it's fixing my lower back problems a treat. :D

Associate
I had the last A day of my tens on HST today. Training in the morning gives me a strange energy boost for the day.

It was in a new gym because mine is closed for two weeks :(, it was good though. Especially having a guy come round and offer you food :).

There were a fews characters in the gym, one of the guys doing the tandem bench/row thing came out with a gem. He was, to be harshly honest, a skinny chav and he said to his friend in the appropriate accent "Arh mate, I'm going to have to get me started on that Crayatine (how he pronounced it). That stuff's the ****"

Made me chuckle :D

Really pleased with how today went, I got a 30kg incline dumbbell press for 10 reps (new cheeky pb) and decided to ignore what my programe said and go for 2x10 of 50kg HC2PP instead of 47.5kg.

Edit: forgot to add that I had to pullups on a smith today because the station was pants. There's a first time for everything I suppose :)
Been a good christmas eve. Hope you guys have the same :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom