Stupid Mistake!!

Soldato
All I'm going to say is that in this case it was a victimless crime so going after both parties blood doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

The Girlfriend got caught doing something that we all know is wrong (No license/No insurance is wrong, we all know it) but the OP got shafted for something I personally genuinely didn't know was a prosecutable offence until a few months ago). It just smacks of unfairness , especially given the fact that he'll struggle with the BT apprenticeship (I know from personal experience that they are ******* hard to even get passed the first few stages of the process, let alone get an interview).

Setting his life is set back over minor things. Exactly what we need to be doing to the youth :(/

Man of Honour
especially given the fact that he'll struggle with the BT apprenticeship (I know from personal experience that they are ******* hard to even get passed the first few stages of the process, let alone get an interview).

If they are so hard to get whats the saying he'd even have got it anyway?

If you value your license don't do daft stuff. When you do do daft stuff, take the punishment. I'm not preaching - I've had points before, and I didnt cry about it even though it irritated me.

DM

DM

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;18075324 said:

If you value your license don't do daft stuff. When you do do daft stuff, take the punishment. I'm not preaching - I've had points before, and I didnt cry about it even though it irritated me.

see that right there i like that, take it like a man

Soldato
[TW]Fox;18075324 said:

Nothing, but 6 points on his license isn't going to help (I seem to remember 5 points being the limit).

When I applied the essay I wrote was marked 3+ times at different stages and literally thousands upon thousands of people apply, so to get past the first few stages and get a personal interview is pretty good going in my book. Certainly further than I got :p

[TW]Fox;18075324 said:

You've had points? :eek:

If they're for speeding I'm going to be properly surprised. You strike me as the type of guy who sets the cruise control and relaxes.

Soldato
OP
I see this topic has caused quite a stir between a few members on here,

All I can say is I have definatly learned my lesson at a huge cost but life goes on and once my license is revoked I will be getting back in for my test asap.

Thanks for all the advice and comments & Merry Xmas :)

Soldato
tell them ur gf was test driving the car cos she wanted to buy it i seen on cops if the driver of the car is in the passenger seat and u've given the person permission to test it then i think it's ok but she didn't have a licence so ur kind of screwed

Caporegime
tell them ur gf was test driving the car cos she wanted to buy it i seen on cops if the driver of the car is in the passenger seat and u've given the person permission to test it then i think it's ok but she didn't have a licence so ur kind of screwed

You should become a lawyer, the next Mr. Loophole!

Associate
you are young AND stupid . . .

easy-option - if she gets the blame - ditch the GF for a better model and let her take the whole rap - you could even make out that she forced you into it!

"when I woke up, your honour, I was surprised to find myself in the passenger seat - she must have put me there!!!"

Move on to a better model - you are only 20 FFS.

khushy

PS - if you cant do the time - do do the crime - rules are there for a reason.

PPS - please sir its my first offence - I didnt mean to do it and I promise I'll be good - honest - what a load of rubbish!

PPPS - I couldnt be bothered to read through this thread before answering!

Back
Top Bottom