*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Permabanned
Don't suppose you have any idea how there network coverage is for phone calls etc. do you? Seeing as you only have it on your iPad I am assuming not :p.

Thanks mate :).

Do you mean 3?

My Iphone 4 is on 3 and i never drop a call, always have almost full signal and 3G connection where ever i am :)

Permabanned
Yeah mate :).

Cheers for the advice. I wonder why they get such bad reviews? I've heard very mixed things about them tbh.

Think I'll be staying with O2, that's how it looks atm anyway.

My first ever contract was with 3 and ive stayed with them because of how good they are.

Honestly it must be a few select people that have a problem.

Soldato
quick question chaps.

Thinking about getting an iPhone. Generally the thing is awesome. The only gripe i have with it is the look of the OS, for some reason it gripes me. Like the bubble factor etc. I know of jailbraking but not necessarily what it actually does or allows me to do. Could some one point me to or quickly outline what it allows me to do ? and why i should do it :)

Associate
My first ever contract was with 3 and ive stayed with them because of how good they are.

Honestly it must be a few select people that have a problem.

+1 to that, been with them for about 16 months now, useing a nokia N95. Never had problems with signal apart from local outages which effected everything from landline/net/moblie etc.

Best experience with them is road tripping from london to plymouth and useing the iplayer the majority of the way on my phone with bairly a blip with the connection. I was traveling via car and the 3 or so hours i was on the net for didnt cost that much (have a 1.5g allowance per month over about 6 phones, never been over the 1.5g limit).

Edit: Would echo what other have said aswell though, research the right plan/phone, you can get into so much hassle with a 16/18/24 month contract that you end up no wanting after the first few months.

Associate
Yeah mate :).

Cheers for the advice. I wonder why they get such bad reviews? I've heard very mixed things about them tbh.

Think I'll be staying with O2, that's how it looks atm anyway.

They are known for their poor customer support/foreign call centres. However this may have changed in recent years.

Associate
They are known for their poor customer support/foreign call centres. However this may have changed in recent years.

I've not had a problem with them in the three or so years I've been with them.
They even sent me a new phone after I moaned I didn't get on with it, and
They seem to take all their calls in the uk now.

Anyway, got my iPhone4 today, first piece of apple kit i've ever had and I'm really impressed with it so far.

Associate
Local 3 had an AMAZING deal on the iPhone 4 today.

£35/month for 24 months
2000 minutes
5000 texts
5000 3 to 3 minutes
Unlimited data (probably fair usage policy though)

Handset = £69!!!!!!!

My GF and I are both going to pick ours up on this deal tomorrow, having checked the T&C's online and in store there's no FUP, unlimited means unlimited they are even promoting it with tethering for laptops / netbooks etc, can't wait to get them home and start playing around. it's a stunning deal

Associate
The only thing that annoyed me about 3 was their rubbish customer service! Several occasions they'd cut me off without any reason! Generally cos I'd won the argument, but that was over a year ago now. The one thing I will say is that the network itself is really good. I found their coverage good in most parts of the uk.

Currently with orange on my iPhone 4 and it's great!

Bought it handset only and I'm on a £25 a month unlimited everything doodah. Too much of a good deal to pass up!

Back
Top Bottom