*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
Yup, pain in the rear! Apparantly the way around it is to set the alarm as repeating and it works fine.

Hope Apple sort this pretty soon, what a stupid thing to develop a bug :(

Yeah, and I stopped doing this when they had the last bug that stopped all recurring alarms from working. Now I have to switch back again. FFS!

Soldato
Hi Guys

I have an iPhone 4 and work just gave me one as a work phone! As much as I love Apple hardware carrying 2 around is a pain, is there any way to have 2 micro SIMs in the one handset so I can get the best of both worlds?

Wondering if anyone has this setup that can offer any advice?

Many thanks

Associate
Hi Guys

I have an iPhone 4 and work just gave me one as a work phone! As much as I love Apple hardware carrying 2 around is a pain, is there any way to have 2 micro SIMs in the one handset so I can get the best of both worlds?

Wondering if anyone has this setup that can offer any advice?

Many thanks

You could with some old Nokia's but with iPhone 4 it's doubtful.

In fact very doubtful, unless there is a crazy case with a cable coming off it which fits into the sim slot and replaces the sim tray, but I doubt it ...

Soldato
You could with some old Nokia's but with iPhone 4 it's doubtful.

In fact very doubtful, unless there is a crazy case with a cable coming off it which fits into the sim slot and replaces the sim tray, but I doubt it ...

Seen a few online for $30 but you cannot use them simultaneously which is what I was after..

Oh well, thanks all the same ;)

Soldato
Good morning guys. I finally decided to get myself an iPhone 4 yesterday, walking past the Three shop just proved too tempting!

So with it being a 24 month contract, I need some advice on the bast case for it, I'm looking for something which protects it but doesn't add too much to the bulk of it.

Also, are there any apps which I must get? Or accessories?

Cheers guys!

Rob

Permabanned
Good morning guys. I finally decided to get myself an iPhone 4 yesterday, walking past the Three shop just proved too tempting!

So with it being a 24 month contract, I need some advice on the bast case for it, I'm looking for something which protects it but doesn't add too much to the bulk of it.

Also, are there any apps which I must get? Or accessories?

Cheers guys!

Rob

You can get yourself a Gelaskin case, they are thin and help with dropping and scratching.

The main apps i have on my Iphone 4 are Natwest banking or whichever bank you use, skysports, financial times, take a look in the appstore :) loads to choose from :)

Soldato
Anyone got a cool armband for gym and biking whilst listening to the iPhone 4?

I see a few in on the forest but if anyone has one and rates it I'd like to know

Mart

got this from wahoo fitness best addon i got for my ip004 :) the armband they do fits with the vapor4 case ok and dosent come loose that quickly oh and ive not had water seep thru in the rain unlike the cheapo ones on ebay

IMG_0131.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
cost the wife $164.96 USD, its very good tho does tend to drain battery quicker but good for a workout/bike ride for a few hours. i regret not getting the stride sensor and the bike attachments. it has been very useful in my fight vs the flab. also if you are gonna order from them e-mail them first about faster shipping. took around 4 weeks to get ere but shipping was very cheap at the same time

Soldato
cost the wife $164.96 USD, its very good tho does tend to drain battery quicker but good for a workout/bike ride for a few hours. i regret not getting the stride sensor and the bike attachments. it has been very useful in my fight vs the flab. also if you are gonna order from them e-mail them first about faster shipping. took around 4 weeks to get ere but shipping was very cheap at the same time

Ouch!

Just looking for a simple strap for running really......

Will keep searching, thanks for the reply though

Associate
Can anyone reccomend a screen protector for the i phone 4? I read a few post's back about gelaskin? Do they protect the screen or are they more of a case?

Thanks

Soldato
Can anyone reccomend a screen protector for the i phone 4? I read a few post's back about gelaskin? Do they protect the screen or are they more of a case?

Thanks

steinhell ultra crystal clear- clearest screen protector you'll find but the screen protector itself scratches easily but its not too bad. also its a finger print magnet.

steinhell ultra oleophobic - uses the same/similar oil resistant coating as the iphone 4 surface so less fingerprints plus its easier to clean. Main drawback is the screen protector is thinner than the one above and scratches really easily.

All of the anti-finger print/ matte finish screen protectors give the screen a grainy image. On the other hand you get no fingerprints. in my opinion the reduction in clarity of the screen ruins the look of the phone.

Wet installs are the easiest to install, but the screen protector has a rubbery feel and has an orange peel effect. Not nice to hold in your hand, makes it feel cheap.

I heard stuff on forums about applying a layer of wax on the screen protectors to make it finger print resistant.

Soldato
apologies if this has been asked before

been using my iphone4 for months now and it still doesn't store most used words when im sending a text.

it still tries to auto correct the words even though i press the little x to tell it not too.

it was perfect on my iphone 3G

any ideas?

Soldato
apologies if this has been asked before

been using my iphone4 for months now and it still doesn't store most used words when im sending a text.

it still tries to auto correct the words even though i press the little x to tell it not too.

it was perfect on my iphone 3G

any ideas?

anyone?

Back
Top Bottom