BenQ G2420HDBL (LED Backlit) or BenQ G2420HD

Soldato
Well no and it shouldn't be really. I think the B2430L I was comparing it to is just particularly high build quality for the price. If it was as light as the BenQ it may not feel so 'premium' either. ;)

Associate
Yeah, true. I have always had Samsung before and couldn't fault them. I was going to go for dual P2450h's but these were £45 cheaper each and the reviews on the item page on overclockers were good so I thougt what the hell. Glad I did now but it does feel weird not having a Samsung.

Associate
sadly my G2420HDBE which was an amazing monitor developed a technical fault & BenQ exchanged it for me with a G2420HDB which they said is the same model but different number but i'm gutted because the image quality is horrible & dull compared to my original one. :(

Associate
update:
BenQ said they would exchange it for me (i already have the RMA number) so i asked them if i can have my orig monitor back if been fixed & they said they will look into it for me.i hope i will get my beauty back. :)

if they do send me another dull monitor i will just sell it & buy a LED BenQ or most likely i will be going back to LG monitors.

Associate
Hi please can someone tell me the optimum settings for this monitor?
I don't think there is a such a thing as optimum settings as even with the exact same model monitor, there are some slight differences between them. Settings that are perfect for someone else, may not be right for your own monitor. Then you have to factor in that people's eyes are slightly different and also the surrounding light etc.

I'd say unless you need to work on professional images/video where colour reproduction is paramount (in which case, go get an actual hardware calibration tool), I'd use a site such a Lagom and spend some time calibrating it manually with your own eyes.

Associate
I don't think there is a such a thing as optimum settings as even with the exact same model monitor, there are some slight differences between them. Settings that are perfect for someone else, may not be right for your own monitor. Then you have to factor in that people's eyes are slightly different and also the surrounding light etc.

I'd say unless you need to work on professional images/video where colour reproduction is paramount (in which case, go get an actual hardware calibration tool), I'd use a site such a Lagom and spend some time calibrating it manually with your own eyes.

thanks very very much man for these site i think these site is great but idk have any idea how to use it :( well i am new with these advanced tools and all these calibrating things so any advise so i can learn ?
when i opened the site it says my monitor should be in native resolution and my monitor is 1280x1024
so i did go with White saturation test and then i found i can't see nothing so
i used my windows 7 calibrate color and changed the (adjust color balance )
and the pictures started to appears but my screen quality was not good
so i set it back as it was and then the quality of the picture was good but the picture did disappear again in the test says i should see it in ideal monitor so i guess so is that mean my monitor is ****ty ?

so tell me how can easy use the site too adjust my monitor or any monitor if i get new one in the future

Associate
now any body, well i am gamer and need new monitor with at least acceptable view angles
because i might watch movie while set in sofa or bed so g2420h wouldn't be good choice for me what about p2370 i read very good review about it and its has perfect colors for TN panel accurate colors so what do u think i know its 23 inch but it would be good size for me i mean in colors and black light bleed what is more and view angles ghosting and
watching movies at 1080 and watch regular movies (none hd or 1080 or720 just normal once )

Associate
There is a post somewhere in this topic, perhaps contained within the first 10 pages ... lol, I know, it's a busy topic but some guy really went to town on this and reported some ace settings. Many used them and reported back positively on his advice.

Nothing wrong with taking a high quality photo of your immediate surroundings and using it as a calibration tool. Very vulgar way of doing it if you're a purist but it kinda works for me, at least for the colour side of things. I'm a gamer too and the only thing that I really had to move from default is the brightness, way too high for me liking.

Windows 7 calibration tool is very useful, I reckon on mine the red level had to come down about 10%, and I used ATi CCC to saturate by about 15% and seems to have done the trick. My lassies boyfriend had his 27" Apple Cinema display over, hey, this is not a patch on it but using all the info that folk have posted, calibration seems not a million miles away from the Apple.

Associate
Owners BenQ G2420HDBL or BenQ G2420HD, if not difficult, copy numbers pristine engineering menu with this monitor, with ADC tab. I just changed this numbers, but the default values do not remember exactly, thinking that it will be possible to go back, but they do not reset to factory settings. To invoke this menu - when the monitor is turned off you can press the Menu button and Enter on the monitor simultaneously, then press PowerOn and let off these buttons, then press on Auto button and you will see the engineering menu. There, go to the tab ADC and rewrite the numbers that will be after the GAIN and OFFSET. To return auto-tuning on the this button back - just turn off and turn on the monitor. Much to ask to tell me these numbers with the ADC tab.

Associate
Is the anti-glare coating noticeable on this screen. Like when you move a window about can you see the speckled type coating in front of it on the inside of the screen.

Yes.

It's the same as my dell u2311h panel, which is known for being AG heavy.

Associate
These are my current settings:

Picture Mode: Standard
Brightness: 53
Contrast: 41
Sharpness: 3

Color Temperature: User Mode
Red: 98
Green: 85
Blue: 94

There is a bit of warmth creeping into the picture if I lower my head, but generally it looks great (apart from the stuck pixel). There is a little more ghosting visible than my FP241W used to produce, but generally I'm happy.

Brought this monitor based on the good reviews I had seen, but was quite disappointed with the calibration 'out of the box'.

The settings above from Undesirable worked a treat (gaming mostly for me) and I'm now very happy with my purchase so cheers for that :D

Associate
I don't think there is a such a thing as optimum settings as even with the exact same model monitor, there are some slight differences between them.

very true the replacement i got from Benq is not the same as my original one even though they said its the exact same model so image quality should be the same.who am i to argue with Benq ? i miss my old one it was perfect. :(

Back
Top Bottom