HP LP2475w, IPS 24" Official Thread! (Now Available from OcUK)

Associate
Overall its probably better than the HP ZR24w though? I was gonna go for the HP ZR24w and not bother with a wide gamut monitor but since this monitor is now almost the same price and has better connectivity options I might just get the LP2475w instead.

Does the LP2475w suffer from the same scaling problems as the ZR24w?

Associate
Overall its probably better than the HP ZR24w though? I was gonna go for the HP ZR24w and not bother with a wide gamut monitor but since this monitor is now almost the same price and has better connectivity options I might just get the LP2475w instead.

Does the LP2475w suffer from the same scaling problems as the ZR24w?

I don't think so but wait for someone else as I am not exactly sure.

Associate
Got my LP2475w today and I'm well chuffed with it! Best image iv seen on an LCD monitor to date! (Although not quite as good as an old high CRT in its day!) Got it for £364.99 including VAT and delivery! There are no dead pixels and the screen looks perfectly uniform across the entire image no pink tint or anything like that(I'm no expert). Manufactured in October 2010 F/W Version GIG 078. Used the settings off TFT central for brightness/contrast and RGB values and the ICC profile that came on the software disk. Produces a nice image but may still buy a calibration device just to see the difference. I can see that the colours are a bit over saturated on the windows desk top due to the wide gamut but its really not that bad and gives everything a nice rich glossy feel. Really not an issue at all.

All I can say is I think I got a bargain and I'm glad I bought this over the ZR24w and the dell equivalent especially at the price.

Associate
Just a quick question: What would be the best display connector to use with this monitor as it has a myriad connectors? Right now I have it on DVI but my graphics card has and output for HDMI and Im not sure about display port. Does it make any difference?

Associate
Just wondering what warranty do you get with these as my mates is starting to flicker at top of screen....or does anyone know what this can be. i found out its 3yrs warranty....thanks anyways

Last edited:
Associate
Would like to say that after finally startingto use the DisplayPort, it became apparent that my monitor can't work with DP because it's glitchy as in this picture. After turning the monitor on and if Windows was in sleep mode, it super zooms in and I have to power cycle for it to get back to normal. All windows that were open, then become really small and I would have to manually resize them. Annoying.

Photo%20Mar%2024%2C%2019%2044%2027.jpg

Soldato
I've got three LP2475w monitors connected to a HD 5770 using the DisplayPort, the HDMI, and one of the DVI connectors. I haven't experienced problems with any of them.

Associate
You can still buy these new?

£362.70 is a great price. Paid over £450 for mine.

Just upgraded to 5 year warranty as well, so looks like it is going to be around for a while :)

Associate
Associate
Just ordered three of these used on ebay, got them for $280 each. They were manufactured in September 2009, I'm afraid they will be the older s-ips vs. The newer h-ips panel. Can anyone confirm or deny this?? They are still under warranty until 2012 so I might be able to have them replaced.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just ordered three of these used on ebay, got them for $280 each. They were manufactured in September 2009, I'm afraid they will be the older s-ips vs. The newer h-ips panel. Can anyone confirm or deny this?? They are still under warranty until 2012 so I might be able to have them replaced.

As far as I know they all have the same panel.

I started with one in 2009, have bought another two since (2010 & 2011). They were all the same except for the firmware revisions, once calibrated I couldn’t tell the difference between them.

I’d recommend purchasing the HP Care Packs to extend the warranty to five years. They are very cheap even relative to the cost of buying a second-hand screen.

Back
Top Bottom