Good Cheap Server - HP Proliant Microserver 4 BAY - OWNERS THREAD

Associate
I emailed my claim form in on Sunday night, got a response yesterday to say they had received it and today i've had another email to say my claim has been approved!

Syx

Syx

Associate
Direct from HP I'm afraid chaps - had a contact through work (as we spend several hundred thousand a year with them...) source me one. Apologies for not being able to assist you both.

Associate
The place I bought mine sent me an email this morning saying they will have new stock arriving in 2 weeks. These will have the 250GB hard drives.

Google HP ProLiant MicroServer (250GB Model) and its in the list.

Associate
The place I bought mine sent me an email this morning saying they will have new stock arriving in 2 weeks. These will have the 250GB hard drives.

You won't get the money back then as this is the new model, I believe HP were doing this offer to shift old stock of the higher wattage PSU, smaller disk model in order to make way for the model which you got.

Associate
You won't get the money back then as this is the new model, I believe HP were doing this offer to shift old stock of the higher wattage PSU, smaller disk model in order to make way for the model which you got.

Indeed good spot, checking the claim form it does mention cashback for a particular part number. So unless people can find old stock they are out of luck.

Associate
Has anyone had any issues swapping RAM ? Since changing to a 2GB stick of none ECC I'm finding I have random crashes. The RAM's passed two iterations of the Windows Server version of memtest(is this any good?) but I'll keep testing it over night.

I stuck with ECC. Another place is knocking out 2GB Kingston DIMMS for £18 each (I bought 2). Kingston part number is: KVR1333D3E9S/2G.

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone had any issues swapping RAM ? Since changing to a 2GB stick of none ECC I'm finding I have random crashes. The RAM's passed two iterations of the Windows Server version of memtest(is this any good?) but I'll keep testing it over night.

What RAM did you get? and more importantly what is the voltage? I replaced the 1gb stick with standard Corsair XMS3 sticks http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-257-CS&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=1516, the ones I have have a sticker on them to say that they are rated at 1.5v and my server has been running with no problems.

Associate

They do indeed, however they dont come with cashback

Syx

Syx

Associate
Are you sure you'll still be able to claim the cashback?

EDIT: Just checked the T&Cs and can see that you should be OK :)

Aye - I had a good check first! Even though I sourced the item through a work contact I still bought it as a private consumer at the standard price, so I'm all square and above board.

Back
Top Bottom