RMA Woes :(

Associate
Guys, I need a bit of advice, if I may.

I recently built a HTPC for my dad via advice on these forums (some of you may remember), and it worked brilliantly. I was well chuffed. However, last week the memory developed a hardware fault, and after contacting OCUK they told me to contact OCZ directly. I did that, and OCZ said yep no problem, RMA details here you are.

However, they are demanding I send the item back to them in Holland via a courier. This is going to cost me about £15. I asked if this was covered by RMA, as the memory was literally weeks old. They said they would not cover delivery costs.

What am I to do? Am I able to ask OCUK to cover me here? I don't feel I should pay to send off an item that I didn't break and is still within the first year's warranty.

Plus, the memory cost £15 in the first place, so I'm paying the value of the item, to ship it! Help!

This isn't a go at OCUK. I just want to see what you guys would do in this situation.

Last edited:
Associate
IF it's within the 12 month warranty send it back to OCUK and let them handle it, although it will take a little longer.

I have just had to RMA my OCZ psu back to holland and it cost me £26.50 by courier, OCZ wouldn't cover the cost but they did upgrade it for me and are sending a screened power cable too....

Associate
OP
Right, no problem then. I'm not in a rush for it, as it's only 1 set of RAM (I bought 2 sets of 1x2GB) so the machine is still running fine. I'll give OCUK a call tomorrow morning then. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom