Spec me a mmo

Soldato
Yeah, I think it's now down to, Rift, DCUO and eve. Does DCUO have the potential to in the future be a bigger mmo? Expansions? Also i heard there's not many people playing on pc.

You heard wrong mate. There are plenty of people playing on the PC. People think it's a console game and it's not. I know people who have played on both and they prefer the PC by miles. And yes there is potential for expansions. Especially with the Green Lantern movie coming out later this year. There's going to be some sort of tie in with that. So whatever you've heard ignore it. This game is better than what other people are saying about it. It might not be for everyone, but if you are a comic book fan and you love your superheroes, then this game is for you. There's plenty to do. Some people just don't want to give it the time of day.

Associate
i'm looking st different mmos too at the moment, getting bored of final fantasy xi and looking for something as hardcore as that used to be, ie lots of forced grouping, lottery pop named mobs, no instancing, but mostly pve. i was looking at vanguard anyone play that? i looked at lineage 2 but dont like the idea of ffa pvp

Soldato
Lotro has something special about it, if your a fan of Tolkiens books and lore the game is a joy to play as you get to visit all the famous locations in stunning detail. As you level up you get to join in a Epic Quest where you meet all the main characters from Tolkiens world and fight along side them.

Lotro has the best community I've encountered in all my years of playing RPG's, it may be F2P now but it has a massive player base and so much to offer, worth persevering with for sure !!

oh and well Rift goes without saying ;p

Man of Honour
Having said that, if you aren't really into lore or roleplaying etc then LOTRO won't feel like a particularly good fit. I find that LoTRO is an excellent game for a certain type of player and other types tend to find it slow and boring. I like it , and I certainly like the average member of its community compared to the average member of many mmo communities. However, I am slow and boring :)

Back
Top Bottom