Living without Electric.

Soldato
I hope you have a gas powered boiler, although arent those also need leccy to work too?

I think I could cope for a while but what would do me is the lack of a hot shower. Can cope with lack of central heating but a cold shower is a no shower.

Soldato
I think the only thing I'd really miss would be the instant light. - I don't particularly need facebook, TV, or a microwave, but without instant, bright light, studying hours would be reduced (especially in winter), and it would make staying up after dark just really inconvenient. I suppose I'd probably get used to it in the end though... just reading by candlelight or something.

I might miss the instant information from the internet, but if it wasn't available, I'm sure anything I really wanted to know about could be found in a library. It would generally make lefe less convenient, but would probably also remove many distractions, and I would learn useful skills or do more rowing training or something if I didn't spend so much time reading peoples useless facebook posts.

Soldato
I lived without electric for a week after a hurricane. All power was out in my community. A week was good. Some people were out for 3weeks ! It was a pain. But we got through it. Cooking was BBQ. Food was kept fresh via icebox and just visited friends who had power to get mobiles charged. It was a little weird at night having to use torches.

Soldato
When I was a kid we were pretty poor and were on an electric meter that would always run out as my mum couldn't afford to put money on the card. Bad times..

I can always find stuff to do with no power. Not much of a reader any more, but I'd probably start if I had no electricity. In fact, having no electricity would probably be a good thing as it would force me to do other things... I would miss my PC though :(.

Soldato
I'd relish the chance to live without electricity. Obviously a lot of other lifestyle choices would have to change as a result, but I an a big fan of living a self sufficient lifestyle, though at the moment I don't think theres much point doing a halfway house thing.

Soldato
Wouldn't be too bad after a few adjustments. Obviously would miss a lot of things, most of all my music!! but could live fine for the rest of my life without it - open fires, lots of books, candles, etc. =)

Associate
The only things i would really miss are things like telephones, kettles and electric lights the little things that make your life easier
dont have central heating depending on where im at so a fire is no problem

Soldato
I could cope for a long time really. I mean obviously would require a little adapting, as no internet or fridge (in that order).

I read a lot, often by candle so doubt I'd be that bothered. More inconvenienced.

No running water, on the other hand... omfg.

Back
Top Bottom