Do any of you hide pets from your landlord?

Soldato
I'm allergic to cats, badly. There are sometimes reasons deeper than you think why someone may not allow/want it in their house. I wouldn't risk it.

Soldato
it's not a good idea, is the landlord private or is it a company, might be worth asking if you're a good tenant in a private property, otherwise i wouldn't bother thinking about it!
you can spot/smell a pet friendly house a mile off...

Man of Honour
I'm not sure these actually exist.

I'm tempted to ring the agent and come clean, maybe offer an extra tenner a month or summat.

Would be gutted if they said it wasn't acceptable and I lost the tenancy.

They do we are in a rented place with a dog, then again if we hadnt of told the landlord he wouldnt know as he hasnt set foot in the place in the 8months weve been here

Associate
We just asked!

Unfurnished house, so the only thing to worry about is carpets, which he has has a scratch at in a few places.

He more than makes up for any cost tho, love our kitteh!

Soldato
Our landlord didn't allow pets, I have a dog and 2 cats. The landlord was fine if I paid extra £100 deposit per pet when I moved in.

Pretty much this.

Unless, when you moved in, it was explicity stated "NO PETS", you'll find most landlords will be happy to come to an agreement as long as you're open about what kind of animal(s) you're bringing with you, and how well trained they are.

They're especially happy to come to an agreement when extra cash is waved at them.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
We just asked!

Unfurnished house, so the only thing to worry about is carpets, which he has has a scratch at in a few places.

He more than makes up for any cost tho, love our kitteh!

you asked and still have the Kitty - i assume the landlord said it was okay then?

Back
Top Bottom