Rift: Planes of Telera Beta

Associate
seemed my motherboard reset my OC so i was playing at 2.13ghz lol, back at 3ghz now and its much smoother on highest settings :) (no AA though)

First few levels feel like a more polished/better version of WaR imo.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bloody hell it's 9:30! Had a break in the middle to play a CSP gather then came back to it. I quite like it except for the fact that so far everything is "go kill 5 of these, then come tlak to me" over and over and over again. When does it get interesting? does it get interesting? I'm only level 7 so far and in the place with the burning catapults.

Associate
OP
took me a few rerolls to find the class i liked and rogue has really clicked with me, very overpowered and high dps though.

People saying it runs badly: Yes it does, I really don't think performance will improve much up until release, and IMO across a lot of hardware ranges, performance simply isn't up to scratch, especially when you look at the graphics, which are really not THAT good, they have pushed the engine too far IMO.

Soldato
I can't say I've got a problem with the performance the game has had on my system. It's always been 55fps+ on Ultra, and my system isn't exactly fantastic.

Soldato
[Cas];18394406 said:
I can't say I've got a problem with the performance the game has had on my system. It's always been 55fps+ on Ultra, and my system isn't exactly fantastic.

Same, running on ultra (or should i say ultra+ as not even their idea of ultra is as high as the settings go) and it seems to run flawlessly. Must admit for a game coming out this year it looks a little dated in places, though i guess that's always the way with mmos to make them playable for the masses?

Associate
do i get to play on the 24th if i preorder from trion? got to level 10 in the beta dont really see any point playing more as im going to have to replay it all again. Had assasin, blade dancer and riftstalker and will most like choose again on the full retail as it was great fun although pretty easy.

Associate
Played the beta for the first time today. It's very slick, although I was wondering what kind of variety there is in terms of zones? Is it all fire and brimstone or are there more tranquil, unspoilt regions too?

Associate
are the ppl who are interested in a guild still going to play as the forums we have set up is pretty dead.....

since no one has made any moves as to the shard we ll play on, any objections to

PvP , English shard = Illuminati

obviously we will all need to be guardians as i beleive this is what the majority of us want anyway.

any objections please post on the guild forum page.

as of yet i still only have 4 ppl in the steam group i set up for us so if anyone else is interested in joining the Rift Guild please add me to steam = garrynicol693

Soldato
are the ppl who are interested in a guild still going to play as the forums we have set up is pretty dead.....

since no one has made any moves as to the shard we ll play on, any objections to

PvP , English shard = Illuminati

obviously we will all need to be guardians as i beleive this is what the majority of us want anyway.

any objections please post on the guild forum page.

as of yet i still only have 4 ppl in the steam group i set up for us so if anyone else is interested in joining the Rift Guild please add me to steam = garrynicol693

Im happy with the server choice, ive also posted on your forum about steam id and faction thread awswell:)

Soldato
Have pre-ordered this on Steam. Need to have one fantasy MMO and WOW has had it's day for me. WOuld be great if I could get into the Beta before we start so I don't have to noob my way around as long.

Associate
OP
[Cas];18394406 said:

5850 and a quadcore with 4gb of ram, I struggle to maintain 40+ fps on 'ultra' with AA off, which is simply appalling IMO

Back
Top Bottom