*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
Got a new case!

058668b5c0f468e5cb6aefc370ca9116-d3992bh.jpg

9940d43666cbba3d28df45cace99f505-d3992cz.jpg

Sexy! :D

Soldato
i have had mine since september, it does kock a bar off the signal but is rock solid have knocjed and dropped mine a few times and it kept the phone safe. my only gripe is the screws tend to come loose after bit and some times i only had my multi tool keyring to tightedn it a bit and have scratched it that way.

over all very well made. just wish they made the connection hole bigger or at leaste provided withsome that extended it and made it flush with the case. i miss using my lod cable on it

Soldato
Despite all the reports of it killing your signal, I've not had any problems at all. If anything it's made my signal better as I'm not occasionally bridging the antenna while holding it.

Haven't noticed the screws coming loose yet but I'll keep my eye on it. Feels really nice and solid though. And looks purdy! :)

Associate
Hi folks,

So i brought my very first apple product yesterday, shiny new iphone 4.

have to say its its a nice peice of kit lol :)

just wondering what some of the better accesories to get are, and if theres a list (like in the mobile phone forum for android apps) of the more essential apps thats worth getting?

thanks a lot

Soldato
Soldato
Nope mines fine...id get it replaced if i was you before the warranty is up.

Well I'm booked in tomorrow morning at the Apple Store in Manchester, and over the phone they basically told me they will swap it for a replacement.

1) Will this be a brand new sealed one?

If it is open and there are any marks on it, I will simply not take it as mine is in mint condition. Has been kept in a pouch since day 1.

2) If I sync mine with itunes tonight so that everything is copied over, can I simply connect the new iphone and sync again to make it exactly how this one is now? In terms of apps, contact no's, txts, vids etc.

Hitman
Soldato
2) If I sync mine with itunes tonight so that everything is copied over, can I simply connect the new iphone and sync again to make it exactly how this one is now? In terms of apps, contact no's, txts, vids etc.

Do a 'back up' of the phone and also 'transfer purchases'.

Then plug in the new one, 'restore' using the last back up from the old phone, and transfer purchases to the new one.

You'll have all your apps, all your settings, texts, contacts, photos, etc. I did it a few days ago myself, takes a few minutes, really easy :)

Soldato
1) Will this be a brand new sealed one?

If it is open and there are any marks on it, I will simply not take it as mine is in mint condition. Has been kept in a pouch since day 1.

It'll be a refurbished one, will come in a brown box. Will be in perfect condition though so there shouldn't be an issue.

Soldato
Do a 'back up' of the phone and also 'transfer purchases'.

Then plug in the new one, 'restore' using the last back up from the old phone, and transfer purchases to the new one.

You'll have all your apps, all your settings, texts, contacts, photos, etc. I did it a few days ago myself, takes a few minutes, really easy :)

Excellent, that is handy. Will backup tonight.

It'll be a refurbished one, will come in a brown box. Will be in perfect condition though so there shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks. I am right in thinking the warranty just continues as normal from my original purchase? Which btw for all those who have a launch day iPhone 4 is now at 125 days!

Still, £599 for a phone! I have never even paid half that for a previous phone and a button jamming within a year when all I have ever done is use it, is unacceptable imo. I am gonna kick off with them about that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok, went down today and no questions asked they swapped it for a replacement. I asked the lady if she knew the cause of the problem, she said 'possible wear and tear' lol. £599 for a phone and wear and tear kicks in after 9 months of simply using it. :rolleyes: £10 nokias last longer then that. She tried to act suprised as though this was the first time she had encountered this particular problem, it was far too obvious though.

Anyway, I backed up on itunes as advised and did the restore when I got home and everything was exactly like it was on my previous phone, awesome. Thats the first time I've ever had anything good to say about itunes. :)

Upon removing the front plastic covering, I noticed just under the home button at the very edge, there is a very small chip. When you run your finger over it, you can feel it, and because I know its there, I can clearly see it all the time. I took care of my old one as to not damage/chip/drop it and it was mint, this one clearly isnt. Am I being too fussy in wanting a mint one in return? In the past I don't think I've ever spent over £200 on a phone, this was 3x that much. It's a brilliant phone but absolutely not worth it at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
Go back and say that the replacement handset was damaged and you have only just noticed this fact. Normally they should let you go over the handset to agree that it is 100% to your satisfaction. They may try and argue this was your own fault, but in less than a day of replacement unlikely.

Soldato
Go back and say that the replacement handset was damaged and you have only just noticed this fact. Normally they should let you go over the handset to agree that it is 100% to your satisfaction. They may try and argue this was your own fault, but in less than a day of replacement unlikely.

Booked to go back in this Thursday as I am off work. I won't accept anything less then 100% in the replacement.

Associate
Anyone had any issues with the home button?
Mine has started to feel like its clicking twice when pressed, as if there is like a grain on sand stuck under it.
Had the issue for a wee while, so i doubt it is something like sand lol
No impact on its function, so its working 100%

Any ideas?

Ta,
Em

Back
Top Bottom