*** Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor @ £447.99 inc VAT ***

Soldato
Anybody had a swap out done by dell recently, considering swapping the one i've got currently as its got a stuck pixel and a couple of thunderbugs stuck under the screen.

Just wondering if they are still sending out ropey replacement units.

If its older than a month then yes, just keep rejecting the refurb, you will get new then :)

Soldato
Just to clarify - A02 is the latest firmware and hardware revision. I'm not sure why exactly A05 was brought about but the actual monitors are as good as identical to the A02. Basically - if you've got an A02 revision you shouldn't feel left out. If you've got an A05 revision you shouldn't be too smug either. :p

Associate
Oddly enough my Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP developed a fault [luckily within the 3 year warranty period] [several vertical 1 pixel wide solid coloured lines stretching completely from the top to the bottom of the screen], I rang Dell and they arranged a next day swap [impressive] - and they replaced it with a U2410, which I wasn't expecting. It's an A05 revision, made in the Czech Republic, so that might tally with the "different region" theory. It's a refurb - no dead pixels, but with a very, very slight uneven colour cast [mentioned in some earlier posts] - green on the LHS fading to magenta on the RHS of the screen. The cast itself diminished after a few hours use, but I'll be keeping a close eye on it as I do use it for my photography work.

Associate
Just bought a refurbed unit from ebay and thought I'd pass on comments:

The Dell box it that came in has a sticker on the side which lists the s/n and says made in china, rev A00.

The pull out card on the monitor lists the same s/n, but says made in Czech Dec 2010, rev A05.

Seems odd, I guess when they get refurbed they put in a new card on the monitor ...

Comes with no dead pixel guarantee and 3yr dell warranty.

Its unmarked and as new, there's no dead pixels, probably a slight green uniform tint to the screen. I use a colorvision spyder2 to calibrate and that has knocked the green tint off and the picture is fine. games play fine. So overall seems pretty good.

Associate
Just bought a refurbed unit from ebay and thought I'd pass on comments:

The Dell box it that came in has a sticker on the side which lists the s/n and says made in china, rev A00.

The pull out card on the monitor lists the same s/n, but says made in Czech Dec 2010, rev A05.

Seems odd, I guess when they get refurbed they put in a new card on the monitor ...

Comes with no dead pixel guarantee and 3yr dell warranty.

Its unmarked and as new, there's no dead pixels, probably a slight green uniform tint to the screen. I use a colorvision spyder2 to calibrate and that has knocked the green tint off and the picture is fine. games play fine. So overall seems pretty good.

Ahh that's interesting, i have been looking at the those ebay refurbs but have been too sceptical to make purchase. Seems you are happy.

Associate
I was sceptical too, but with a 3yr warranty I thought if its below par I'll send it back. £339 represents a good saving.

I bought a dell laptop from their outlet store about 4 years ago and I've never had a problem with it. they don't sell monitors via their outlet store for some reason, I guess they go off to 3rd parties.

There's also a sticker on the box which is the despatch note from Dell to the company I bought and it's dated Mar 25th, so I guess they don't keep them long.

Overall pleased, and the ebay seller despatched within an hour of placing order and arrived next day (free delivery).

Soldato
I'd give Dell a call to double check it is under warranty, they will want the work order number on the side of the box, so if you throw the box out make sure you note this down.

Associate
Top tip from Speed.

Called Dell, they do need to works order number and they confirmed the monitor is covered by a 3yr warranty beginning March 25th 2011, which is the date they shipped the unit to the etailer I bought it from.

They took my details to register it, made a point of saying they need the works order number for any future claims.

Associate
Hi,
I'm about to purchase this monitor.

Do I need to be aware of any issues and is this still currently a good buy?

Associate
Hi bought one when they first arrived on the market, and it has been fine for me with no issues experience as of yet...

I also have a friend who bought one about 2 months ago, he is also very happy and not had any issues (his is in fact a lot better, they have since revised the offensive "BEEP!!!!!" noise the buttons make when pressed to something a little softer :)

Back
Top Bottom